ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unichip or superchip

Hi, im driving a 1.4 , 16v clio.I have some mods like air filter n exhaust.Which ones of these should i go for ? superchip or unichip ? thx

for unichip, the guy here does a on-road test instead of a dyno-test...what u guzy think of a road test ?

thx

Chris nnic - Yup, for the cup a Dastek Unichip is a great idea, gives alot more control over timing and fueling setup, it obviously depends on the mods you have, but they are good, the only thing better would be to get a completely new ECU, but that is alot more costly (I should know LoL).

Erm who had a unichip done a bit ago? Hmmmm about £400-500 I think?

TBs are coming along, waiting for the custom airbox to have its first fitting, but no doubt therell be fitting issues LoL and Ive got the ecu kit waiting down with the guys who and fitting/setting it up, but theyre waiting for the car.... oh the agony LoL but hopefully itll be shown at Donny :D (defo not gonna make York, just not enough time :()

Megane 225 baby! :)

I know that Craigy172 has an unichip fitted to his MK1 - and if I remember rightly there was a long thread on this - do a search and it should come up!

182 cup

Well... when the manufacturers make these modified replacement chips, they just take a mean average accross a pool of cars (often not many are used as a sample, unless they state this be careful) and set a slightly different set of values on the chip to get the engine pulling harder. I.e. they adjust the fuel mix, engine timing etc that they think will suit all.

This means that many off-the-shelf chips arent always the best route to go - yeah you may see some gains, but as each engine is always different you cant guarantee that an off-the-shelf chip will be totally suited to the unique properties of your own engine (wear, tear, breathing, etc) - even cars of the same model/spec etc will have engines which behave differently, so ideally you wanna go for a professional custom map...

This means giving someone your car for a day, them hooking it up to a rolling road etc and spending at least whole afternoon adjusting the values to obtain the best torque/bhp curves...

But what do i know :)