ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underbonnet sound deadening

Dodgy one
Gave the car a quick wash today snowfoamed the engine as she was a tad dirty.

Anyway, I'm not sure wether it looks cleaner with the sound deadining off or on, What do you think

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Snow Foamed the engine! Sod that.

Looks good on both pics though.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Think its looks cleaner with the sound deadening actually. That bay looks fooking mint though, nice one!

Dynamique Flamer
Mine doesnt have any sound deadening although non sports come with it to! But mine sounds fine without tbh

sound deadening does feck all, get it off. I like the idea of snow foaming your engine bay, genius.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I clean my bay, but don't let anything with water in near it!

DSCF2098.jpg

Dodgy one
You could stand there and blast the f**k out of it with a jetwash and nothing would happen, I have seen it done thousands of times at work just make sure you cover all the electrical bits up and any open filters you have.

What do you think happens at garages when numptys forget to put oil filters and oil caps back on, they have to get rid of it somehow!

Not that it do it on "clit" though, With the french electrics and all that :rolleyes: , wouldnt fancy unplugging all the sensors and spraying them all with water displacer, a mist once in a whiles all she gets that only happens when i neglect it for a year or so lol

S3, Polo
^ Very.

Central grommet out, then un-tuck it from the retainers around the edge of the bonnet.

Should take 1m, max.

ive taken mine off and have excatly the same snow patch on my cup to. do they even bloody cut down on the paint to or somthing!!!

or is it on all the blue cups

Look good in both pics.

I guess it comes down to what it engine sounds like from outside car with it fitted and without it.

And i've also heard rumours that the deadning also acts as a like fire blanket thing if anything in the bay catches fire.
The plastic clips will melt and this will fall on top of the engine smothering it.

It sounds heap of s**t to me as woudn't the deadning burn as well ? :S

Clio v6
I wonder if the deadening is also there to keep the ambient temperature stable or prevent the bonnet paint from getting too hot?