ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Un even covering of Laquer

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
A was painting some parts too day and it seems av put too much laquer in one area. You can feel the difference and see it in the sunlight. Is there anyway to solve this?

Cheers

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
would probs needs pics tbh.

is there like a build up or sag ?
as to is thee anyway of solving it itll all depends upon your capabilitys and howmuch lacquer you used in the first place

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Basically what happened was I did 2 coats of laquer after tht I checked it over and noticed I missed a bit so I topped up that area then done one more coat. It seems thay now its more glossy in that area and feels it too. Would it be ok if I put another coat on the rest and tryied to blend it in?

Thanks for the replys

STEALTH RAIDER
You can do but you might still feel the laquer run or see it when you have done another coat. Just sand the bit that you can feel with a very fine grit 2500 or 3000 grit and then spray over it again with laquer

Dodgy one
Scotch it off and relaquer is my advice, You can polish it but only you know how much laquer you have to go at

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Thanks for the advice. So when I sand it should I just sand the glossy bit or the whole thing and how much should I sand? Just so I have the same finish all over?

Thats the problem with rattle cans, very hard to get an even finish. I know what you mean it has a rough feeling to it where there is less lacquer ?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Ayee exactly that. Am sure it wont be that noticable but am just going to let them harden off for a week , give them a rub down with 3000 grit then give them two more layers of laquer.

STEALTH RAIDER
Id just sand the part down where it feels rough mate, then give the sanded area a few mists, leave for an hr or so and then give the whole thing a quick go over (meaning a couple of foot distance) People tend to forget when using rattle cans, laquer comes out harder and faster than paint so a larger distance is needed.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Id just sand the part down where it feels rough mate, then give the sanded area a few mists, leave for an hr or so and then give the whole thing a quick go over (meaning a couple of foot distance) People tend to forget when using rattle cans, laquer comes out harder and faster than paint so a larger distance is needed.

Thanks mate, will try my best!