ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK Clio Cup to end after 2019

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
can't see them ever stop making the clio (or similar small car), surely it must be their best seller?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The Clio Cup series will still be running in Europe i'd imagine, so there will be support for that from Renault.

Wonder what will happen to R-Sport now...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The Clio Cup series will still be running in Europe i'd imagine, so there will be support for that from Renault.

Of course but the main reason to have a manufacture backed series is to help them promote a new/current model.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It seems to me that the Clio Cup has perhaps lost a bit of its gravitas in recent years. The field shrunk quite a bit when they changed to the MK4 didn't it? Though it has grown a bit since I believe.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
It seems to me that the Clio Cup has perhaps lost a bit of its gravitas in recent years. The field shrunk quite a bit when they changed to the MK4 didn't it? Though it has grown a bit since I believe.

The last couple of years have been decent, at one point Renault nearly ran out of shells I think as they were all being written off so quickly lol, see below :p

I bet Jade Edwards' sponsors are pleased with the decision, she needed a new car every round the amount of times she rolled/crashed ?

This made me smile, haha.

Listerine & Poledo
So long as there's a small hatchback class to be the demolition derby of BTCC, I don't care what brand name is glued to it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Mini Challenge is pretty tame.

Have to rely on the Ginetta Juniors for that still.
While I'm no fan of Minis - it's good to see that there will be some correlation between the cars prowess on the road and those on the track.

It's pretty obvious that the majority of sales are marketing driven - an association with the badge rather than anything to do with the car itself. Get your foot on the new 'I need' car and get a Fiat 500. Have more cash to spend? You go for a Mini - regardless of spec and/or what it represents. A Countryman if your idea of a small car is similar to the footprint taken up by a 1964 Lincoln Continental - or a Paceman if you're clinically blind. In brown.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Probably not ?

Just as bad as the BTCC backmarkers. How some of them get a seat in those cars is beyond me, must have cash.

Cash is king, I would imagine most F1 drivers are either multimillionaires or a close relative is, Lando Norris is a good example, although he can actually drive all I remember of him is squeaking at the camera after Ginetta Junior races.

It’s sometimes hard to judge what back runners in BTCC are actually decent drivers unless you know their backgrounds as they are usually new to the machinery and its never normally in a front running team, it will be interesting to see how Ollie Jackson gets on this year for sure.

Listerine & Poledo
While I'm no fan of Minis - it's good to see that there will be some correlation between the cars prowess on the road and those on the track.

It's pretty obvious that the majority of sales are marketing driven - an association with the badge rather than anything to do with the car itself. Get your foot on the new 'I need' car and get a Fiat 500. Have more cash to spend? You go for a Mini - regardless of spec and/or what it represents. A Countryman if your idea of a small car is similar to the footprint taken up by a 1964 Lincoln Continental - or a Paceman if you're clinically blind. In brown.

Mini 3dr - "Daddy Bought me my first car *giggle*"[Take instagram photo]
Mini convertible - "*giggle* I was a good girl, so daddy got me the convertible" [pout into snapchat filter]
Mini 5dr - First child born
Mini Countryman - 2nd child born
Mini Clubman - Husband cucked into having a Mini, failure to do so will revoke all bedroom privileges until resolved.