ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH problems?

clio 1.2 16v
Evening gents/ladies;
Car in question is a 2003 1.2 16v Clio.
I believe i have a UCH problem but i'd just like a few opinions before i go down the route of repairing it.
history: I bought the car as a non starter, the car had a factory fitted cobra alarm system on it, I have ripped out the cobra alarm and the car now starts and runs without issue.
However, with ignition on (but not started) the uch boxes is clicking away rapidly and so is 2 of the 4 relays connected to it. The problems seem to differ every day. Today with the ignition switch on the lights started flashing rapidly but yesterday the lights would only flash if i turned them on.
Wipers not working, indicators sometimes work and central locking seems OK.

Does this sound like classic UCH?
does anyone have a definitive list of the functions that go through the UCH?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It sounds like the external controlled relays firing to me from your description - Get under the passenger side dash and make sure that they're all plugged in properly. It could still be an internal UCH issue though

clio 1.2 16v
hi Mick; i've removed the uch box from where its mounted and removed each relay and re-seated, but still the same. Is there also a relay within the box? as i'm certain it was still clicking with realys removed
does anyone have a list of the functions that go through the UCH?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are many relays inside that box soldered to the UCH's PCB

clio 1.2 16v
i guess that answers my questions then, it must be the UCH
i dont suppose you know which plug has the feed & earth do you just so i can test that?

renault clio 1.4 16v
Id check for bad connections on the plugs that go to the uch and the big white connector for the relays in the engine bay as well... most times a bad connection will cause all your dramas

clio 1.2 16v
cheers, i've already cleaned all the engine bay connectors etc, they did have a fair bit of crap on them so all sorted there.