ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Help? Complete Erratic Failure of Non-engine Electrics!!

1.2 16V Dynamique
Morning everyone,

I've asked about something similar before, but it's getting silly now. I am experiencing a complete failure of all electrics except anything to do with the engine. My starter motor, ALL lights including brake lights and hazard lights, internal lighting and other electrics such as windows, radio go randomly at any time of the day. They have (most of the time) what I can only describe as an epileptic fit for a second or two… However, recently it's got to the point where they now stay off completely for longer than 10 seconds.

The only way I used to be able to get rid of this was to turn the engine off and on again, pretty much resetting everything. Now, it's affecting the power to the starter motor, and will not allow me to remotely lock my car.

I'm guessing it's something to do with surges in power or lack in power? Possibly the UCH?

Anyone have any suggestions aside burning the car? Cheers :D

Buy a second hand uch , ecu , pick-up ring and fob off fleabay
UCH is matched with ECU so he'd need that too.

I'd check the fuses in the box n/s end of dash. There's a 5A or 15A (or something like that) fuse that can affect all the internal electrics. @Carlv8415 had it go on his and your symptoms sound similar. He was unable to start the car at all, no central locking, no radio etc. Though his just went straight away and wasn't intermittent I don't think. Replaced the fuse for a spare and it was fixed instantly.
Guide linked below said:
F21 Overhead view of car with doors open 5A Multi-timer unit, Diagnostic socket, Central door locking control, Instrument panel

The one mentioned above might be it. Worth a check anyway, will only take 10 minutes to check every fuse in there for a blown/damaged one! Guide to relays and fuses here if it's any help, OP.

Last edited:
  1.2 16V Dynamique
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow morning when I take a gander :smile: