ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuses and Relay in the Mk2 phase 2 Clios

Needs tidying but not having much free time though I migh as well post it up

These are the fuses on the passenger side panel

The first bit the F1 refers to its name the second bit is the best sort of descition of what the symbol is the last info is what the fuse powers os if for example if your wipers go you know it won't affect anything any and its fuse F4 and is 20amps

F1 Airbag 15A Airbag

F2 Stop 15A Brake lights, Instrument panel, Shift pattern control, Diagnostic socket, Driving school, Opening alert, Cruise control speed limiter control, Mobile phone connection,
Electric door mirror control.

F3 Fan in a box 15A Windscreen wiper compound control, Reversing lights switch, Air conditioning control panel, Passenger compartment temperature sensor fan, Air conditioning control unit, Footwell vents air conditioning distribution motor, Rain sensor computer, Starter relay, Discharge bulb ECU, Headlight adjuster motors,

F4 Wiper 20A Windscreen wiper

F5 (ABS) 10A ABS system

F6 Fan in box 10A Multi-timer unit, Air conditioning computer

F7 Radio 15A Radio, Cigarette lighter, Clock, Courtesy mirror, Heated rear screen relay, Central communication unit, Fuses and relays

F8 Horn 15A Horn

F9 Downwards facing headlight with arrow pointing to left 15A Left-hand dipped headlight

F10 Downwards facing headlight with arrow pointing to right 15A Right-hand dipped headlight

F11 Straight facing headlight with arrow pointing to right 10A Right-hand main beam headlight

F12 Straight facing headlight with arrow pointing to left 10A Left-hand main beam headlight

F13 window with wiper 20A Rear screen wiper (via UCH)

F17 Errr loaf of bread with swirly lines going though it 10A Heated door mirrors

F18 Downwards facing light 20A Front fog lights

F19 Up and downrdwards facing arrows 30A Passenger electric windows

F20 Letter UCH 20A Driver's electric windows (via UCH)

F21 Overhead view of car with doors open 5A Multi-timer unit, Diagnostic socket, Central door locking control, Instrument panel

F22 Left and right facing arrows 15A Indicators and hazard warning lights (via UCH)

F23 Right facing light 15A Rear fog light

F26 Lightbulb with left pointing arrow 10A Left-hand side lights - Interior control lighting

F27 Lightbulb with right pointing arrow 10A Right-hand side lights - Interior control lighting

F29 Lightbulb 20A Consumer cut-out - Interior lights, Radio, Clock

F30 Window with lines going up 30A Heated rear screen (via UCH)

F31 Overheard view of car with open doors 20A Central door locking (via UCH)

F33 Headlight in a box with umbrella 20A Headlight washers

F34 Box with fan in it 20A Heating/air conditioning fan unit

F35 Seat with lines off the bottom part 20A Heated seats (via UCH)

F36 Up and downward facing arrow 30A Passenger electric windows (via UCH)

F37 Letter UCH 10A UCH, Decoder unit

F38 Emply square box (not used as such) Preparing for caravan connection (30A max)

F39 Stearing wheel 15A Electric power steering

Relays

The relays are located on the UCH these are the things that click away switching things on etc. Theres no particular oder realy as somc ecars do and some don't have certain features
Number 1 and 2 are part of one relay
1 (part A of the relay): daytime running lights
2 (part B of the relay): daytime running lights monitor

Relay 3 and 4 are part of one relay
3 (part A of the relay) front fog lights
4 (part B of the relay) dipped daytime running lights

Relay 5 and 6 are part of one relay
5 (part A of the relay) headlight washers pump 1
6 (part A of the relay) headlight washers pump 2

7 is a seperate relay rear electric window control

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one edde . Top write up that fella . Lovin the loaf of bread description as well ;)

clio sport 172
this may be stupid i no but are the heated seat automatic or is there a switch as iv got a mk2 ph2 172 fuse is in the fuse box but always wondered how they work only had it a month hence being stupid

BMW M135i
this may be stupid i no but are the heated seat automatic or is there a switch as iv got a mk2 ph2 172 fuse is in the fuse box but always wondered how they work only had it a month hence being stupid

None of the UK spec cars will have heated seats, continent only option iirc. God knows why its in the manual.

BMW M135i
There'd be a button on the plastic on the side of the seat if it were fitted, which it won't be. But the manual still shows how to use it??? Don't even think it intiale with full leather has it fitted.

Lots of Alfas
Can we have this in the guides section, this forum has loads of informative posts and a lot of them get lost.

Can we have this in the guides section, this forum has loads of informative posts and a lot of them get lost.

Good idea I'm sure a mod can move it. It has been linked from a sticked thread at the top of tunning forum for ages noone ever bothers reading or searching though so why I bother writing these threads I don't know.

CB600FS
Garf its ran off the rear side lights mate, the unit fills with water due to where its sat (in a hole) take out the whole piece, clean it up and the blockplug behind the bumper aswell, replace the bulb, the connections will be all green needs a good clean and a WD40.

CB600FS
New bulb and new housing and a clean block plug?

See if your getting a feed to the housing with a test light or a multimeter.

Its run off the n/s/r sidelight.

Golf R/Leon FR
What was it Garf?

must have just needed a good clean and dw40

i cleaned it about 10 days ago and it wasnt working i checked it yesterday before its MOT today and it was working lol

passed its MOT too :)

happy days
cheers again tom

CB600FS
No probs, thats the usual fix with them they all do it, in a stupid place so gathers dirt/moisture.

"Navy" N17 TWO
lol @ F17 Errr loaf of bread with swirly lines going though it 10A Heated door mirrors

;)

Where can I locate the relay for the heated door mirrors?

My fuse is fine, need to check there is power going to the mirror

CB600FS
Tigger your elements probably burnt out in the mirrors, with a multimeter, wip the mirror glass out (pops off carefully) and check resistance across the terminals, and while your at it check the plug is getting 12v.

clio dymonique -2001
got no voltage across the wires for the heated rear wind - 30a fuse OK heated mirrors not working either- cloi 1.2 2001 16v - does this mean that ech will be req to be changed?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
F3 Fan in a box 15A Windscreen wiper compound control, Reversing lights switch, Air conditioning control panel, Passenger compartment temperature sensor fan, Air conditioning control unit, Footwell vents air conditioning distribution motor, Rain sensor computer, Starter relay, Discharge bulb ECU, Headlight adjuster motors,

So if this one relay does the starter, and temp sensors, could this be anything to do with why my car doesnt respond to anything in the cold? But can be bump started, and starter motor works if relay is bypassed?