ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

clio 182 black /gold
Yet another tyre thread. Have any of you heard or even used a Nexon Tyre? I rang a place and he said they was a good tyre. Hmmmm. Im thinking either Avon or Hankook. Does any one rate any of the said tyres? I cant afford Michelins. lol.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The hankooks suck balls in winter Lee, where you live you'd struggle!

Listerine & Poledo
Conti's or Goodyears

Unless you suddenly find you've got a load of spare cash, then call the Michelin man

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've got Hankook's on now, they're excellent for road use, but they're shredded after one hard day at Bedford. I had Rainsports on before, but only over the winter, but the grip levels were superb.

Both are very good tyres, but I cant compare them directly as they've been used in different weather.

Clio 182
Nexens are fine- we sell them as a cheaper alternative to the higher end brands such as Michellin and Continental.
Ok they are classed as budget tyres, cheaper etc but overall good enough for normal road use, got 4 on my clio atm, no probs.

clio 182 black /gold
Nexens are fine- we sell them as a cheaper alternative to the higher end brands such as Michellin and Continental.
Ok they are classed as budget tyres, cheaper etc but overall good enough for normal road use, got 4 on my clio atm, no probs.

Nice, how long have you had them on? Also how many miles have you done on them?

Clio 182
Only had them on the car myself for a few months. They won't last for as long as Michelin tyres for example. It's difficult to say how long they would last also, varies with the driving style. Nexen do give more road noise as compared to more expensive tyre brands, something to bear in mind. But all in all, a fair tyre for a fair price IMO

Milltek'd clio 182
i have nexens on the front, have had them since i bought the car, they have been fine in my eyes, but not so great in the wet i would say. im currently getting hankook v12's next, so will let you know once i have driven with me new tyres whether nexens are good or bad. cant compare atm

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
admitedly i didnt shop around to much but i got a price for two rainsports and then the next place i went pe2's were on offer, worked out 12 quid more for pe2's, i think pe2's seem to be a "safe" option, good all rounder:)

clio 182 'full fat'
i have nexen's on my front end, cant really comment on them tho as theres not much tread on them and not had the car long, getting hankook v12's next tho

Stripped yozza'd cup
WHY WOULD ANYONE SKIMP ON TYRES??????!!!!!!!!!!

Spend money on upgrades, power, handling etc etc etc and then f**k it all up by putting poverty spec tyres on it!

Hankook's / Rainsport's are the furthest toward the budget end that I would go....