ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres???

172cup
My mate has just bought a 172 cup and it has a pick and mix set of tyres on it at moment, what tyres where standard on this car when produced and what tyres do people recommend to put on the car now?

I always recommend exaltos, but are these really the best tyres for the clio? i currently have a 182 and will need new fronts after a few trackdays.

Going to have a shot of the 172cup next weekend really looking forward to it.

MCS R56
Conti Sport Contacts were the original tyres, I think.

I think budget is the factor for the best tyres.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
they came with pe2's from the factory
182's with cup packs came with pe2's as standard. contis sounds right as thats what my mates 197 cup came with aswell..

if your looking at spending 5-600 get PE2s. Best all weather tyre and dont let anyone tell you any different. They were designed for the car ffs.
:)

MCS R56
Check the tyre poll.

And it definitely was Contis on the 172 Cup, as I owned four of them that were attached to my new Cup.

/close

182 trophy
this post was for me thanks mate and ive read the tyre poll it had me more confused so will go with the pe2s and hope for the best

you can get hold of the Contisports for about £60ea online; think the Michelins are a fair bit more (£80?)

what have you got on at the moment - if you've more than two of a decent make with decent tread, might save you a fair whack by putting those on the rear and buying a couple more to put on the front? ignore me if i'm just confusing things:)

182 trophy
its got two contis on the front with a couple of mm and one stunner load of tread and a p zero a couple of mm on the rear so the only decent tyre with tread is the stunner :(

172cup
Reckon the pe2s sound the best, I am sure evo did a tyre test not long ago I ll see if I ve got it somewhere.

I cant fault pe2s though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh my turinis are 16" aswell.. best price i have found is 85 fitted so they are an option. do they seem to be wearing ok?

172cup
Edinburgh branch now said they can do 25 per cent off but only on four tyres and only if I upgrade membership at costco. Doing a good deal on motorbike tyres but they cant fit.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Edinburgh branch now said they can do 25 per cent off but only on four tyres and only if I upgrade membership at costco. Doing a good deal on motorbike tyres but they cant fit.
Yeh that sounds right that mate as i was after x4 tyres and they mentioned the membership thing :(

172cup
Going to ring and get price for car and bike tomorrow and see whether it is worth the 30 for member ship and then getting tyres fitted at another place. Bit sceptical this will be worth the hassle.