ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

VOLVO V50 -SOON CLIO 172
I've had a look around on the forum and I know tyres have been covered alot...but I just want to know what tyres people think will be the best for me...
I want tyres that will give good road handling and grip in all conditions (the car will be used by my gf to learn to drive on)
I also want them to be ok for track use, and for a good driving experience on coutry roads.

with any suggetions could you also include a rough price estimate fitted, as cost is a factor.

Clio 172 FF
I have just put a set of pirelli p zero nero's on mine and hte handling seems very good.

Has been wet past few days but first impressions are good.

I have cont's on before hand and they seem on par with each level.

Its worth paying for quality, although i am sure you can find more via search

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got eagle f1s on at the mo and cant fault them there is a tyre pole aswell

VOLVO V50 -SOON CLIO 172
yeah I had a look at the tyre pole, it has helped alot. But wasn't sure if there was much difference in tyres depending on what you were using them for. For example some ppl might want to base there tyre choice on whats best on a track, where as, because have only just got the car, i want the best for the road. won't be hitting the track until summer when I head to the nurburgring.

Each to there own but I'd recomend the continential premium contact tyres.

As for needing it to grip as your gf is learning to drive I'd say no need. If your gf is going to drive fast enough to need good tyres she could do with learning what to do when she looses is so i woulnd't bother buying supper grippy tyres just for that reason

VOLVO V50 -SOON CLIO 172
you make a good point.
Basically what I don't want to do is waste money on cheap budget tyres and wreck the handling of the car.
I have heard horror stories about 172s and budget tyres...i could be wrong though, I am very new to 172 game.

you make a good point.
Basically what I don't want to do is waste money on cheap budget tyres and wreck the handling of the car.
I have heard horror stories about 172s and budget tyres...i could be wrong though, I am very new to 172 game.

some tyres do have history but each tyre reponds differentlky to tyres none are bad so long as your not on the limit teaching a learniner to drive near the limit in a 172 isn't a great idea a 172 isn't a great learners car anyway IMO