ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - Which Choice? Black circles

Trophy
Currently have 2 Brand new toyo proxies t1r on the front. One of the back tyres has a nail in it... Will change both rear tyres. Choice via Black Circles.

195 / 45 / 16
2 x Kumho KU31 @ 56.71 fitted each
2 x Toyo Proxies @ 61.88 fitted each (same as on the car)
2 x Yokohama S drive @ 62.72 fitted each
2 x Goodyear f1 GSD3 @ 77.83 fitted each
2 x Goodyear f1 GSD2 @ 81.74 fitted each

Will having 4 Toyos all round be the best option?
Or will buying two of any of the above and putting them on the front and my toyos on the back be the best option?

Any advice greatly apprciated.

Westy. MX5
I always have the same brand of tyre on all 4 corners, whichever car I have.
I just think the car looks "Looked After" with all 4 the same. Seeing cars with 2 different brands/treads or even 3 and 4 different tyres makes me think the owner doesn't care.
Stick to the Toyos mate, they are the only tyre for me the last couple of years.

tiTTy & SV650
Hankook Ventus Evo's 205 45 16 on the back and rotate them to the front when you wear the T1Rs out and fit another two Ventus Evo's on the back.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
See if the tyre can be repaired first if not go for the Goodyears love my GSD3s. Have you used the Cliosport discount code?

Nissan 200sx
I get a better discount usign the standard discount of £10 off when buying 4 toyo's instead of the £8 i save with that discount

If you have a brand new pair of T1Rs on already it makes sense to get another pair of those so you ahve 4 tyres all round, it must be over 10years since I've owned a car with mixed tyres. If I've bought one that has been I've binned them for 4 new ones the same all round.

Handling balance will be maintained (that's valid whether you're putting LingLongs all round or PE2s) plus as the 2nd poster said it makes the car look looked after, plus mixed tyres just look turd if the tread pattern is different front to rear.