ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres road/Track

Clio 172 PH2
I'm due to collect my ph2 172 at the weekend its just going to be used as amatuer track car and on the road occasionally.

What tyres do people recommend on a budget without them lasting 5 mins?

Me and my cousin are amateur at best and wont be spend all day however i don't want anything that will be terrible on the road or cost a fortune, i have 16 oz superturismo's.

Thanks

Just get yourself a cheap arse set of 15" wheels and some part worn proper track tyres from Ebay and then just average tyres for the 16" which are good in the wet, so they can be used on wet track days.

This would be cheaper than paying £400-500 for decent track/road tyres on the 16"s.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
On my civic the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A have lasted bloody ages (2 x track days and 2 x Nurburgring trips (approx. 8 laps) as well as a trips to Wales and Fort William from Manchester.

Still on 5mm - obviously not as sticky or firm as track tyres but excellent tyres.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On my civic the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A have lasted bloody ages (2 x track days and 2 x Nurburgring trips (approx. 8 laps) as well as a trips to Wales and Fort William from Manchester.

Still on 5mm - obviously not as sticky or firm as track tyres but excellent tyres.

Had those tyres on the clio thought they were okay at best

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Had those tyres on the clio thought they were okay at best
Yeah in wet they're only ok, not a patch on the rainsports in the wet but firmer enough for track and pretty good in dry and Wear brilliantly.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How do the yokos compare to the nsnkang ns2r? I'm getting 15's and want to run some decent tyres for sumner. Don't think I'll get on track this year but don't want to burn through tyres too quickly!