ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres again...

Clio 182
Hey,

When i bought my set of alloys they were wrapped with 4 new Kleber Hydraxer's. Tbh, i never heard of them before, where they were new, i thought sod it and kept them on! But after a 'bit' of reading, am i right in thinking these are recommended by Renault instead of the Exaltos :S

Anyways, after 15k on them (had them on the Twingo before), fronts have about 1mm left. I've never had any problems with them, but i don't drive like a hero haha and i never will track my car!! Just seems for a 'premium budget' tyre, they're narf expensive lol!

Anyone heard of them, rate them...!?! Imo, there is one down side to the Hydraxer's, road noise, apart from that, seem to hold ok and last! Been reading about the Hankooks, prices are identical, am i better off replacing all four for the 'Kooks...!?!

Sorry if this subject has been covered a mullion times haha!

Cheers, :)

Never heard of them before, but to be honest they're probably made by one of the premium brands.

If you've been happy with them for the past 15k, stick with them!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had them on my old 172. Lasted for aaaaages, didn't have any grip problems with them either, so thumbs up from me.

Clio 182
After a bit of research and phoning around all the 'decent' tyre fitting places in Yeovil, came to the conclusion Kleber are actually owned by Michelin and there's only one Michelin stockist in Yeovil that can get Kleber's in...ATS...!?! So guess where the car is booked in for on Saturday hehe!

Anyone had any problems with ATS before, can't say i've ever used them!?

£89 a corner fitted, tad expensive when compared to the 'known' brands, but i know these tyres will last and certainly have enough grip for my style of driving. Plus, they're actually Michelin's so can't be that bad!!

I have written an article on the kleber range, specifically because they are made by michelin and i was looking for a replacement for the MXV3a fitted to the clio williams. In doing my research i spoke to the michelin technical department in stoke on trent and they had a lot of data on the kleber tyres which they sent me.

As far as i can make out the dynaxer HP2 is very similar tot he MXV3a fitted to the clio williams and is based on the same technology. But i am not sure about the hydraxer, but it will be a good tyre if michelin make it.

Perhaps give the michelin tech department a call and ask the about the tyre?

I have written an article on the kleber range, specifically because they are made by michelin and i was looking for a replacement for the MXV3a fitted to the clio williams. In doing my research i spoke to the michelin technical department in stoke on trent and they had a lot of data on the kleber tyres which they sent me.

As far as i can make out the dynaxer HP2 is very similar tot he MXV3a fitted to the clio williams and is based on the same technology. But i am not sure about the hydraxer, but it will be a good tyre if michelin make it.

Perhaps give the michelin tech department a call and ask the about the tyre?