ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre recommendations ?

clio 197 sport
Evening guys as the title says can anyone recommend good budget tyres for my Clio 197 sport? I only need 2 fronts but that leaves 2 odd rear tyres so may as well change them all.
I don't wanna spend silly money on tyres as I have a full service/cambelt change soon and I don't want shite tyres either !

Just had a quicky on eBay and come across these
8e7903d5f058dc4fa244c11b03c55653.jpg
c98d90f25ed77ed8ca86461166c65cfe.jpg

Any good ?

dan's cast offs.
chucked a set of the nankang on the wife's 172 when we first got it, they are an ok tyre. not amazing when you thrash it to death but price considered not bad.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You get what you pay for...
Also, tyres are the only thing touching the tarmac.

You're not wanting to spend much money but you "might as well" change all 4 when you say you don't need to !?
Buy something half decent for the two that need replacing now and put another matching pair on when you can later.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Carl you've seen my car. Do you think I'd get away with either 195 50 15 or 195/50/16's with the way it sits? Currently I've got 195/45/16's

dan's cast offs.
i honestly can't remember how it sits? see that many of them all the time they all look the same now!! what you got on it at the mo?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Putting budget tyres on a car renowned for its handling is like f**king a supermodel with your clothes on. You'll never realise how good it is until you go all out.

Don't skimp on tyres and brakes.

Clio RS 172 2002
Putting budget tyres on a car renowned for its handling is like f**king a supermodel with your clothes on. You'll never realise how good it is until you go all out.

Don't skimp on tyres and brakes.

... with HER clothes on. [emoji1]