ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre reccomendation for RS Clio 200 cup

RB FF 200 CUP
Hi all
First post so please be gentle!! - the front 'boots' on my clio are getting ready for replacing
already fitted are conti 3s but i have also been reccomended Uniroyal sport 2s (also made by Continental i believe?)
Having read reviews about the Unis all seem good but also have 'lateral' movement when cornering due to softer side tyre walls - would this comprimise the 'cup' chasis?
The rear tyre wear is still good (conti 3s)
Dilemma - do i go for the cheaper Unis or stick with the Contis?
Can other 200cup owners help/ advise please? :S

Cheers

MK3 GTI golf 16v
rainsport 2s have been good in my opinion, havent lost grip in them yet and they are lasting very well. (6K worth of use so far)

also had michelin PE2s which i thought where good, although didnt use them for very long (different alloys etc)

rainsport 2s have been good in my opinion, havent lost grip in them yet and they are lasting very well. (6K worth of use so far)

Exactly the same as this from me, however I agree that they are very soft and in the dry under hard cornering there is a lot of flex in the sidewalls. If usage is for the road I would say more than adequate.

Others that regularly get rave reviews are the hankook V12evo (all rounder as far as I know) and the yoko Parada Spec2 (dry focused I believe)

RB FF 200 CUP
Cheers for your input guys
Continental have a new tyre (conti 5) good reviews and my local tyre shop i could gdt them for around the same price as conti 3's
AAAARRRGGGHH!! Decisions decisions

Black RS200
Cheers for your input guys
Continental have a new tyre (conti 5) good reviews and my local tyre shop i could gdt them for around the same price as conti 3's
AAAARRRGGGHH!! Decisions decisions

Go for the C5, ive just put 2 x C3's on my 200 but will be putting C5's on when the other 2 need them.