ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre 'Mis-Matching' Front & Rear

Range Rover Sport
Slightly odd and I know not 100% ideal.

However can you fit a tyre like the Toyo R888 at the front and a tyre like a Federal RSR / Nankang NS2-R on the rear?

Reason why I asked is I know the sidewall of the R888 is pretty high compared to a 'normal' tyre although both would be a 195-50-15 fitment I didn't want any imbalance.

I have the 2 Nankang NS2R (120) here and I've just come across some Toyo R888's which for some reason are not too much more expensive. I will be collecting the wheels over the weekend to put the tyres on to early next week or am I better just getting another 2 Nankangs and be done with it?

Renault Clio 172 cup
I run 888's front and Nankang ns2r back in 195/50/15 with no problem at all. Toyo's in general come up a little wider than suggested ( so the 195 usually measures about 202 ) but its such a small difference you wont notice. And if you are tracking it ...please go with the 888's on the front, the Nankang's arnt a patch ( on the front we are talking here ) on the 888's .

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I haven't ran the same tyres front and back for ages,
atm i'm actually using 3 different makes which isn't ideal,
but at least the fronts are the same make. :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Suppose, the rears aren't matching tho, one maxi non dirrectional and a bridgestone dirrectional.

Will never know, dont fancy re-acting

Range Rover Sport
Just bought some more Nankangs.

May buy a set of the Toyo R888 next week as they are the cheapest I've found circ £350 for 195-50-15.