ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre help needed please folks..

Help please guys!

I need a new set of rubber for my fronts But am considering changing all four tyres…. After much ringing round yesterday, and going off previous rubber I am still not much wiser for what to go for? My fronts are barely legal after 10k (std fit Contisports), I had these on my old 106 Rallye & didn’t think much to them then.. The outside shoulder wears too quickly. Other tyres I have used were Pirelli P6000, P5000 these all on other car. So it’s the first new tyres for the Cup,

I was trying to find out from Reno if a 205 width will fit on the Cup rim instead of the 195 from speaking to Reno & my local friendly tyre man it will be no problem as it’s a 7J rim rather than 6.5. (hence wanting to change all 4)

I was also looking at t’internet on the Michelin site but there are no details for the Exalto 2+ (fitted as the ‘new’ rubber to the 182 supposed to be very good) Hence my need for 205 rubber.

I have also tried mytyres.com for prices ect…. So come on guys I value your expert opinions & I NEED new boots as the front end is all about the shop in this cold wet weather. With summer coming I want a summer tyre for fast road use – none of your best of both world winter malarkey tyres…

I was thinking of the existing Michelin Exaltos or Pilots, Yoko’s Toyo’s Uniroyal…. Other Pirelli…. Good branded quality tyres not cheap but not ridiculous, looking to pay around £70 – 90 a corner………..

I await your ever helpful replies chaps & chappeses… Regards..

Lee

BMW M2C

I replaced all 4 of mine when the fronts needed doing with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. Im VERY happy with the level of grip they have and Im sure a lot of other members will comfirm this.

The Pilot Exalto are supposed to be equally as impressive, and Ive always like Michelins in the past. Plenty of grip and usually a wear quite well.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye if youre wanting to spend up to £90/corner probably best to go with Eagle GSD-3s

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

Ive just bought eagle f1 gsd3s for mine, they arrive on tuesday, from all the posts ive read about them, thought theyd be the best/one of the best tyres to go for!...

Geoff.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 26 February 2004

Ye if youre wanting to spend up to £90/corner probably best to go with Eagle GSD-3s
£72.50 each from Kwik Fit for 195/45/16s. :D If you are buying 4 like discount nicely.

You can get vouchers from Goodyear which gives 20% off (dont know where from) so that gives you an idea how much you can get them down if you play tyre sales off each other.

Anyway Mr _KDF why scrimp on the rubber when you are going for some nice eibachs :confused:

Cheers for your help guys (JUST the 3 of you!!) thought i would get a little more input than that about something as imprtant as tyres!!

At least it gives me a bit to go on... hope i can stay on the road till i make my choice.

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

No probs dude!

My car is in the garage until monday when the eibachs and gsd3s are being fitted. The front tyres have no grip what so eva as theyre so warn, negotiating corners is nr impossible especially in the cold/wet lol!