ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre bulge

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So giving the missus car a wash today and gave it the once over too. I had the front tyres replaced last year and now one of them has a large bulge. It's a 2012 Kia picanto and she doesn't go over 60. She also hasn't hit anything as the wheel is perfect and she would have told me if she hit something substantial

The tyre has 6mm tread and maybe 5000 miles on it. Do I have a leg to stand on or is it just a case of buying another?

It's a vredstein 14 inch bad boy

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
They will just say you have hit something more than likely.
Hiw much is a tyre? Might not be wirth the hassle, even though it is a bit crap.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
a pot hole or brushing a kerb can cause the partial structure failure of tyres ply sidewall,
just buy a new one before it blows out

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Don't get me wrong I'm changing it asap just wandered if folk had any suggestions in relation to claiming from the manufacturer

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I had bulges appear in a tyre after potholes on a rally once, so I should assume it is similar damage to that. It's the cords in the sidewall having torn, allowing the rubber to bulge outwards. There is a much higher chance that the tyre sidewall will give out, causing a potential blowout.

330i. E30 Touring.
Not a chance will you see anything back from the manufacturer.

For all they know she could (and lets be honest probably has) been smashing off every speedhump and curb in the country.

clio
Not a chance will you see anything back from the manufacturer.
that's true unless u can prove it was a bad tyre but its very hard to prove.
For all they know she could (and lets be honest probably has) been smashing off every speedhump and curb in the country.

That's true and they will only replace or refund if u can prove it wasn't ur fault Bt its very hard to prove that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
She's a woman? She wouldn't have noticed hitting a kerb at 59mph. So that never hit anything is probably a lie.

Clio 172
Evergreen have a bulge warranty provided the tyre doesn't have a chunk missing, I think a few other brands do, it's usually a 2mm grace period, but you've had yours a year so I don't really think you got much of a leg as tyre places are tight as ote