ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TWITCH - Anybody else stream?

Honda. Tesla Someday
So on top of my YouTube channel I have decided to stream on Twitch.

Been streaming pretty much every evening recently, its great fun. I play Apex Legends with 2 friends, and we have a laugh on chat! Playing Apex Legends as a new streamer = nobody ever see's my channel as there are thousands of other bigger channels streaming that game already so my channel is literally at the bottom of the list lol!

Still, its good fun!

Wanted to ask if anyone else has been streaming? Any tips or advice for someone new to the platform?

I think my stream is good quality, its 1080P at 60FPS and at a high bitrate, so it looks good. And I finally figured out the overlays etc!

Any advice etc is appreciated :)

My Twitch in case you're interested is at this link: DeeKay86 Twitch Link!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
No. Never used Twitch or watched other people play games. Can't see the point to be honest.

I don't get a great deal of time to play games anymore, why would I spend that time watching someone else play?

I know some people make good money out of it. They are usually good looking girls appealing to 13 year old virgin's though who haven't seen a pair of legs in hot pants.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
No. Never used Twitch or watched other people play games. Can't see the point to be honest.

I don't get a great deal of time to play games anymore, why would I spend that time watching someone else play?

I love this attitude.

I take it you don't watch any sort of sports/motorsport on TV? I mean, why watch professionals do it, when you can do it yourself.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I love this attitude.

I take it you don't watch any sort of sports/motorsport on TV? I mean, why watch professionals do it, when you can do it yourself.

Yes, I watch sports on TV, again, when I get the time. I don't play football because I'm s**t so I watch professionals play. I ride my mountain bike and I'm half decent, I still watch pro's ride though in the world cup etc. I'd much rather be out on my bike than watching someone else ride though.

It's all about prioritising time for me. If I've got an hour spare, it won't be used watching someone else play a game that I could be playing myself.

I'd wager 99% of live streaming of games are done by people in bedroom's.

Edit. This is no dig at DeeKay at all. I just don't see the appeal of it. If he makes money off it alongside his YouTube then fair play to him.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I love this attitude.

Because F1 is a mature sport and a super licence is out of your reach but watching someone play fifa because you're w**k is an absolute waste of time..

watching people play is only for 30 year old virgin fools who do shitty fortnite dances in their spare time

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Because F1 is a mature sport and a super licence is out of your reach but watching someone play fifa because you're w**k is an absolute waste of time..

watching people play is only for 30 year old virgin fools who do shitty fortnite dances in their spare time

Go play one of those kids if beating them is within your reach.

I don't watch people game, apart from the occasional f**k-up highlight on reddit or whatever but your comment is just ignorant.

nnwVNui.png

Honda. Tesla Someday
Whoa whoa whoa was not expecting some of the responses on here lol!! Blady hell lads calm down!!

I stream on Twitch because I enjoy it. Having that social aspect with people in chat on top of talking to my friends in game is just 'fun'. I don't see myself making money from this, I'm just enjoying it for what it is. If it turns in to something that I can monetise, then great, otherwise I'll carry on enjoying it.

Glad a couple of you understand though lol.

For those who said its basically for sad virgins etc - each to their own. I watch people play games on Twitch on occasion and I am far from being a 30 year old Virgin. In fact, I am 32 years old, engaged and 100% NOT a Virgin lol!

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Just play what you want to play and have fun. There are so many people that do it now, I think becoming "big" is basically just down to pure luck, so I wouldn't even worry about it. Engage with your chat, be interesting and have interesting things to say.

I barely use twitch any more but I used to watch a guy who did Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne zero hit runs which was cool, he was always super engaged with his chat and had pretty interesting conversations.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't - but I think it's more of a generational thing than anything else. I'd hazard a guess that the demographics of those that watch gaming streams are much younger than me approaching my mid-40s.

The only time I do is if I'm genuinely stuck on stage in a game where I need some guidance to get me past my own n00bishness. Invariably, that will be YouTube though and not an actual stream on the likes of Twitch.

I have gone on Twitch - but only for in-game bonuses for Warframe. Literally logged in, started watching some bloke and minimised it in the background.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I go on it from time to time to watch the pro's play.

From having a brows you have to be really good at the game/entertaining or show cleavage.

Engage with the chat as people seem to love hearing there name read out, best of luck and ill give you a follow.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I go on it from time to time to watch the pro's play.

From having a brows you have to be really good at the game/entertaining or show cleavage.

Engage with the chat as people seem to love hearing there name read out, best of luck and ill give you a follow.

Ah that’s awesome thank you!

If only I had cleavage lol I’d be rich!!

406 V6, Race Buggy
I don't disagree there either - but I do find it amusing that people insult others for watching something on twitch when in all likelyhood they spend two hours watching some overpaid tarts kick a pigskin around on some grass on the TV...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't - but I think it's more of a generational thing than anything else. I'd hazard a guess that the demographics of those that watch gaming streams are much younger than me approaching my mid-40s.

The only time I do is if I'm genuinely stuck on stage in a game where I need some guidance to get me past my own n00bishness. Invariably, that will be YouTube though and not an actual stream on the likes of Twitch.

I have gone on Twitch - but only for in-game bonuses for Warframe. Literally logged in, started watching some bloke and minimised it in the background.

I think you would be surprised how old the audience is depending on the game, the gaming community is going to get older and older imo

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Watched your twitch stream a week ago deekay of you playing some shooting game with mates. Really good stuff and kept me entertained .

Honda. Tesla Someday
Watched your twitch stream a week ago deekay of you playing some shooting game with mates. Really good stuff and kept me entertained .

Haha thats great to hear! Thank you!!

It was likely Apex Legends by the way :)

Fiesta ST-3
I'd stick to the day job, personally! Meaning no offence. I think you'd need to be really niche if just getting going with streaming these days. Unless you're unreal at what you do, have a big social media presence or do something really different you're not gonna get much interest IMO.

A couple of my friends have just started 'the mediocre gamers' channel and I love it because they're proper s**t but they're funny. I know them personally, I think they're onto something but I'd still not spend any time watching but that's just me. And their content is actually decent!

Your video of your 4 kills and 3 champions just doesn't really excite, as it's just a bunch of people running into your devotion fire and you shouting 'i killed them I killed them I killed them' a bunch of times. If you'd killed them all with one clip of a wingman whilst riding a zipline, it may be different. But it's a no from me unfortunately.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It’s a strange thing (watchin streamers) when you think about it but actually rather good. Anyone that hasn’t done it can’t really comment tbh.

I’d much rather watch a hilarious steamer playing my favourite game than sit and watch shite on tv that’s been repeated for the 400th time.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hey everyone!

I'd stick to the day job, personally! Meaning no offence. I think you'd need to be really niche if just getting going with streaming these days. Unless you're unreal at what you do, have a big social media presence or do something really different you're not gonna get much interest IMO.

A couple of my friends have just started 'the mediocre gamers' channel and I love it because they're proper s**t but they're funny. I know them personally, I think they're onto something but I'd still not spend any time watching but that's just me. And their content is actually decent!

Your video of your 4 kills and 3 champions just doesn't really excite, as it's just a bunch of people running into your devotion fire and you shouting 'i killed them I killed them I killed them' a bunch of times. If you'd killed them all with one clip of a wingman whilst riding a zipline, it may be different. But it's a no from me unfortunately.

LOL thats totally fine. I must admit, the squad I play with in Apex really gets very over excited sometimes. The clip you saw was us in the Final 2 and we won. It was very intense hence the crazyness! It's calmed down a lot since that clip was made. Still, I appreciate the feedback.

Honda. Tesla Someday
So since starting this thread I just wanted to post an update on how its coming along.

I reached Affiliate within 6 weeks of starting to stream on Twitch, which is apparently really good. It takes most people a year or more (so I've been told!).

I have streamed every day for 9 weeks now (I missed 2 days due to reasons out of my control).

It's actually going really well. I have earned about £450 so far and I am loving the experience. The people I've met so far have been so amazing, and I even have regulars now who come and watch/chat every time I go live! The community on Twitch has been so far from toxic its actually really refreshing!! I feel as though I've made some real friends on there. We talk every day, and a few of them even join my voice chat and talk live on stream.

For anyone thinking about starting to stream, I highly recommend it!

Fiesta ST-3
All good mate, like I said... No offence intended!

I'll watch Shroud or something because he's unbelievable, or the mediocre gamers because they're banter. Perhaps finding a niche will help you!

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
"I don't play games anymore, why would I watch people play them? I like my bike. Bikes are cool"

Great discussion.

I do get what's being said that it's much better to play the game than watch someone else, and that it's not quite the same as watching a cup final. But, sometimes it's good to watch others and see how they play anything you might dabble in just to see what tricks you're missing.

Some of the younger generation likely spend way too much time simply watching others, mind you.

Reactions: Gus

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So since starting this thread I just wanted to post an update on how its coming along.

I reached Affiliate within 6 weeks of starting to stream on Twitch, which is apparently really good. It takes most people a year or more (so I've been told!).

I have streamed every day for 9 weeks now (I missed 2 days due to reasons out of my control).

It's actually going really well. I have earned about £450 so far and I am loving the experience. The people I've met so far have been so amazing, and I even have regulars now who come and watch/chat every time I go live! The community on Twitch has been so far from toxic its actually really refreshing!! I feel as though I've made some real friends on there. We talk every day, and a few of them even join my voice chat and talk live on stream.

For anyone thinking about starting to stream, I highly recommend it!
What do you earn money from? Is it donations or twitch? That’s good going to be fair