ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo Renaultsport: Review & Pics...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's my lady's new car, we picked it up today! After a few niggles at the dealership which delayed us... namely the valeters scratching the rear bumper and doing a shocking job of the valet.

We finally got things sorted though, and started the drive home from Derby. Jo drove it on the way home and she was only getting used to it, so she took it easy... ish. :eek: Once we got home I finally got a proper blast in it; and it's probably the most fun i've had driving in ages. I can only imagine the one Fletch drove last weekend wasn't run-in yet, because ours is genuinely quick! No word of a lie, it's not a million miles away from 182 pace if you keep it on the boil on a good road. :cool:

The comedy rev counter is right where you need it, and the steering wheel is epic. The seats are a little too squishy for my liking, but they're comfy!

The drive is so much fun though, the engine has a really rorty induction noise, and it sounds awesome past 5k. The ratios are stacked really closely, which helps, but has it's drawbacks on the motorway! 70mph is 4k RPM! Also, the steering's really nicely weighted and the pedals are perfects for heel and toe, just like the 182's. If it had the 197's engine, it'd be a weapon, and I'd have one in a heartbeat! I'm tempted already! :eek:

Ours has 6k miles on it, Cup Pack, stripes, tints, iPod link and Auto lights/wipers. We paid £9k for it. It's three months old, with the remainder of warranty. :cool:

Then we both spent a few hours cleaning it... well, I say "we". LOL. I'm going to PC it next weekend, since my car could do with a polish as well.

Awesome little car.

Chris

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Last edited:
  Never above 25mpg
Do like these, considered one myself on finance before getting the 172!

Only drawback is the interior

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Interior is a lot better than that picture would suggest! No rattles either!

Puts my 182 to shame. Seriously.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's a cool little car. for 9k thats fantastic...i was about to say i'd prefer a mini...But tbh, for the money the RS is great!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely! Such a bargain! It's flawless too.

Group 8 insurance helps her as well. Only £8 more per month than her previous 1.2 Dynamique!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics Chris.

The one i test drove had just over 5.5k, maybe it was a fri-afternoon car.

I'm going to have to take another one out for a blast..

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
looks excellent mate, might have to persuade my gf to get one as she's on look out!

the red looks great on the twingo too!

6k miles in 3months! Fcuk, did he drive a few laps of the country.

Looks mint, looking for a 1.2t for my bro atm!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
V. Nice

ps WTf is magic tree on indicator stalk for? FIshy fingers?

v nice mate i want my gf to get one of these or a fiat 500 abarth so i can drive it and not seem to be a little bit fruity as i would "have to drive it sometimes"

Interior lets it down tbh, don't like the styling or layout of it but that's not something the Twingo is the only car guilty of, never liked central pods in the Yaris either.

M

mini-valver

Really really like these dude! Be interesting to see what, if any, tuning options become available!

Wish you could have driven mine to appreciate how linear it was, even though its a totally different car, it's surprising how much quicker the 1600 is than the 1400hp printout would suggest!

320d
Looks awsome Chris. Wish my girlfriend had one for me to play with. Looking forward to seeing it at a meet soon.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
you were local then! only about 8 miles from derby! :)

i really like them for the money ! thought about one for myself! :) seriously!!!!!! :eek: should i get one chris??! or keep the clio??!!

1998 BMW e46 323i
Really really like these dude! Be interesting to see what, if any, tuning options become available!

Wish you could have driven mine to appreciate how linear it was, even though its a totally different car, it's surprising how much quicker the 1600 is than the 1400hp printout would suggest!

1400hp, fookin' 'ell dave. that's some power.

Twingo is camp as xmas tho aint it, good car by the sounds of it tho.

£9k for a virtually brand new Renaultsport...bargain.

At 2k per month I guess the previous owner figured it wasn't a very good mile-muncher, unsurprisingly.