ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo Digital Speedometer

Hi,

Can some one tell me, if I could fit a digital speedometer from Twingo in my Clio RS y. 2000?

Will the speedometer go over 200 km/h or not and what would I need to do that?

If this is not possibile, can some one tell me where can I buy a digital speedometer!

Tkanks

DEJAN

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you can use an odb II interface to get this but i cant find one

anyone know?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i would love to know the answer to that question but i dont sorry

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the apexi thing are nice but....

my cousin has a 21 turbo and had 1 on it he had massive problems though, seeing as they are mainly designed for jap and USA cars not euro they dont come with wireing diagrams so its a bit of guess work the unit sends and recieves infor from the ecu and he kept having problems where the ecu kept blowing and he was getting really bad problems, he found out that because the jap and USA ecus are different that it was just blowing his ecu all the time he went through 3 ecus and his bos that has a renault alpine v6 had 1 to and that kept blowing his ecu and that was installed by a guy that installs these things every day.

they just dont work on renaults:(

shame cos he had his for sale for 30 quid with the g meter and everythign.

MalicE

Thanks for warning. I better dont try this.

What about Twingo? Is there any one that knows if it goes over 200 km/h.

Because I heard that the speedo goes only to 199 km/h. But that information is for old ones. What about new ones?

DEJAN

Skoda Fabia vRS

Demon Tweeks sell a digial speedo thing, it can replace the whole dial panel

its in the Motorsport catalogue, though it might actually be in the normal one now