ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo brakes the Same as Mk2 Clio ?

BMW M135i
Am trying to order a brake guide pin set for my car and have stumbled across a problem. Using the version of dialogys i've got i've pulled up the part no 77 01 207 961 for the kit, rang the stealers and they're priced at £17 but apparently there for a twingo???. They've given me another part no and a price of £32 for the kit.

Obviously i'm not going to order the £32 ones when there the same as the £17 ones, i've attached a picture of the dialogys screen as i've definetly entered all the details correctly afiak.

Does anyone know if the twingo uses the same lucas calipers as the Mk2 16v Clios ? Or can confirm the part no ?

As i'm doing both sides £34 is a damn sight cheaper than £64.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 95
If parts were interchangable then that would sell at the same price.

There are different sized sliders just pay up Renault prices or go a Halfords etc and get some copy cat parts.
Why do you need them though you can 99% of the time fix the old ones.

BMW M135i
Well to put it bluntly there as slack as a 50 year old prostitute, must be at least 2/3mm of play in them one is worse than the other. Pretty appaling for a 3 1/2 yr old car.
Wouldn't have thought there was much that could be done with them?

Haven't had much look finding oem ones but I haven't tried halfrauds.

Just found it strange that even though its an older version of dialogys both parts are still avaliable and why should it come up for the Clio if its the wrong part ?

Well to put it bluntly there as slack as a 50 year old prostitute, must be at least 2/3mm of play in them one is worse than the other. Pretty appaling for a 3 1/2 yr old car.
Wouldn't have thought there was much that could be done with them?

Haven't had much look finding oem ones but I haven't tried halfrauds.

Just found it strange that even though its an older version of dialogys both parts are still avaliable and why should it come up for the Clio if its the wrong part ?

Arr right if there lack not mch cna be done 'm supreised though I'd take them to Renault ask for % payment.

BMW M135i
Its actually still under warrenty, but it doesn't vibrate under braking so I don't think they'll do anything as they'll probably get arsy that i've been taking it to bits.

Am tempted to just leave them as they're not causing any vibrations or braking problems but it'll annoy me that I know about it.

Its going in to have the throttle body replaced (again) in the next few weeks so could point it out to them but I don't know how they'll react to the fact that i've had to have it apart to find out about them.

Also you still coming for the seat on friday ? Have pm'ed you my address.

Its actually still under warrenty, but it doesn't vibrate under braking so I don't think they'll do anything as they'll probably get arsy that i've been taking it to bits.

Am tempted to just leave them as they're not causing any vibrations or braking problems but it'll annoy me that I know about it.

Its going in to have the throttle body replaced (again) in the next few weeks so could point it out to them but I don't know how they'll react to the fact that i've had to have it apart to find out about them.

Also you still coming for the seat on friday ? Have pm'ed you my address.

Yep just replied

Freds got his caliper brackst for sale i think not 100% sure just buy them off him if there any better.

BMW M135i
Yeh considered that option as it'd be cheaper than the bloody kit x2 if they're any good. Though I may just leave them until they need to be done as they aren't posing a problem atm, no vibration and still brakes straight. Hmm ho hum.

BMW M135i
Wouldn't have thought so but you never know, need to check the drivers side to see how that side is to make a comparison. They do look worn though when you pull them out the carrier.

Need to check the drivers side to see if its just a problem on the one side because i'd expect both to be shot if its just normal wear.