ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin engine R5 with F4R engines

Renault 5
Hi all, Im a new member. I have a Renault 5 & Clio 172.
Im currently building a Twin Engine R5 with two F4R engines.
IMG-20170630-WA0010_zpsbqiogusc.jpeg
IMG-20170630-WA0008_zpsctz99nsx.jpeg
20170615_203635_zpstq4xxpmm.jpg
20170615_203233_zpsqnf5bjff.jpg
20170910_221323_zpsuxebzgsw.jpg
20170910_232144_zpsdoqtowb3.jpg
20170910_232157_zpsqdm2qjie.jpg

Clio 182
Welcome along ash. Nice to see the project is getting closer to completion.

Is this the low mileage campus shell you had tucked away?

Renault 5
Welcome along ash. Nice to see the project is getting closer to completion.

Is this the low mileage campus shell you had tucked away?
Thanks, yes that's the one. It's very close to completion but I need to complete the wireing the engines to get it running. Something that I haven't done before. I am using ME221 ECUs and need to figure out how the get it done.

Is there anyone who has used ME221 for engine conversion. Would appreciate a hand if anyone has done something similar.

Renault 5
You've come to the right place! But in order for us to help you, you must first acknowledge that you have a problem..
Thanks,
Don't have a problem, everything on the car is problem solving and one by one ticking things off. The ECU is only one of the things on the list and it will be sorted.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes I remember seeing that Audi powered one before. I fekkin love 5's, mad cap engineering and mental conversions. You sir have my respect ?

Renault 5
"OssPoop, post: 11676793, member: 106454"]Ah yes I remember seeing that Audi powered one before. I fekkin love 5's, mad cap engineering and mental conversions. You sir have my respect ?[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much, glad you liked the V8 R5

Renault 5
Please tell me you're going to keep the Campus badges #ultimateSleeper ?
Oh yes, definitely all badges and sticker are staying. I don't even want to use new wheels. Externally totally stock apart from the bonnet need to have a small bulge to accommodate the front engine.
I'm keeping the stock bonnet safe and in future build an inlet manifold to get it all under the stock bonnet.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Brilliant lunacy. My mate has a half built, Evo engined, Cosworth 4x4 drivetrained Renault 5, if he ever finishes it it'll be unreal. Maybe he should bring it to you to finish for him lol

Renault 5
Ever consider a project with twin bike engines?
Check out Autograss Class 7, unreal acceleration
Yes twin bike engined cars are amazing maybe a thought for future.
I like the grip of the twin engined cars . Twin bike engined cars are rwd and they might be a bit too handful for my driving ability.

172, BMW 650i & X5
Yes twin bike engined cars are amazing maybe a thought for future.
I like the grip of the twin engined cars . Twin bike engined cars are rwd and they might be a bit too handful for my driving ability.
They're bonkers bud, has to be next project. Twin suoerbike power in a stripped out track monster. You've obviously got the fabrication skills, get at it!
Take a look at Autograss set ups for inspiration. YouTube 'Autograss class 7'.

Renault 5
They're bonkers bud, has to be next project. Twin suoerbike power in a stripped out track monster. You've obviously got the fabrication skills, get at it!
Take a look at Autograss set ups for inspiration. YouTube 'Autograss class 7'.
I have done a lot of homework on twin bike engined group 7 cars. I agree they are amazing.

Reactions: Gus
  dan's cast offs.
If you're having niggles Chris sorted Adam's twin Corsa out without much issue.

Or if you're on idiotbook have a look at adam beards twin engined Corsa, running just about 1,000bhp.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I have to say I really like this. Loving the rear suspension setup. The details are ultimately what makes this impossible to replicate.
What rear hubs did you go for in the end? I went for Lotus ones for my car before getting some custom ones made.

Renault 5
I have to say I really like this. Loving the rear suspension setup. The details are ultimately what makes this impossible to replicate.
What rear hubs did you go for in the end? I went for Lotus ones for my car before getting some custom ones made.
I am using Renault 5 GT Turbo front hubs for rear hubs. My other rwd R5 has the same setup and works fine