ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twanging Eibach sportline

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Just had a set of Sportlines fitted yesterday and the car was driving fine after.
Today when making only small 1/2 turns of the wheel, both left right an at low high speeds it makes loud knocks and twanging (if thats a word :D)
Is this just the springs settling, or have they maybe been fitted incorrectly or slipped out of position?!
I don't think its the usual common problem as its only just started after they where fitted, any thoughts appreciated

BMW M135i
Yep i'd go along the lines of incorrect fitment. Who fitted them? Get the wheels off and have a look.

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
It was a local hi-Q garage. Im hoping they have just been fitted incorrectly.
Can anyone guess what's likely to have been done wrong, i dont really understand what could be done wrong an if any other damage could occur??

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Took the car back to the garage again today, they stripped out the springs and told me i needed a new drivers side top mount.
The car has stopped making twanging noises now, but is still knocking.
Do you think the 3mm washer that fred posted about would fix this or do i really need a new top mount?
How much would 2 new top mount cost?!

Lionel Richie
sounds like they reassembled the top mount wrong and its broken, can't be proven, but i bet thats what happened!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well its a shot in the dark!

Thats one of the easiest mistakes a Qwik Fit type place could make i'd say.

A new top mount is approx 55 of your english pounds....per side.

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Cheers guys, so either way its more than likely had it now u reckon?
If it is fitted wrong will i be doing any significant damage by driving it?

BMW M135i
Theres several parts, best to ring your local stealers parts dept. They should be able to sort you out if they're any good (probably be fvcked then lol).