ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV provider options?

MY10 R35 GTR
Right having never had sky at home, (deprived child) Ive now come to a situation that Ive put an offer if for a flat so want want to get myself some decent tv to view.

First problem is that the flat Ive put a bid in for doesnt have or even allow sky. So my question us what other subscription tv can I get through a normal ariel??

Virgin? BT? etc

Any info would be great

It's a pisstake that landlords don't allow Sky. There is literally no reason for it nowadays.

Virgin is your only real option but you need to be in a Virgin area which you can put your postcode in on their website. If you are always signup using a cashback site (Quidco etc) as they will do some stupid cashback deals for things like that.

MY10 R35 GTR
agreed mate, its something that is getting talked about.. Virgins doubtsfull we dont have fibre optic around here

MY10 R35 GTR
Doesn't your building have a communial dish?

as far as I know it doesnt.

Im only bidding on the flat just now. Ive never had sky so its not a huge problem, Im just trying to find out if there is other options

right lets surmise here them you arnt allowed sky and there isnt cable in your area

your options are standard tv or freeview or freeview hd

in other words you fucked

clio 172/Fabia vRS
A mate has just sacked off BT vision because it wasn't very stable or particularly good content wise. He swapped to sky HD, I know that doesn't help you, but I haven't heard too many good things about BT vision.
Why not get freeview HD and then supplement it with apple TV or a similar offering from competitors, for when you want a movie?

1.8 Civic EX
freeview HD may not work without making some form of upgrade to the ariel if it's a shared one in a block of flats (more info on the freeview website)