ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turning off the auto headlights

Just messin around with my headlights on my 172, and found a way of turning off the automatic headlights by accident, heres how i did it

turn off engine, turn on dipped beam then off again quickly, then repeat it again and you should hear a single beep (meaning auto lights off).

Do exactly the same to turn the auto lights back on but this time you should hear 2 beeps instead of 1.

Make sure engine is off but ignition is on, then turn on and off lights (side lights) twice and it should bleep at you to say on/off :)

I think thats how it works.....mine is set on at mo :)

Simon.

Clio 197

Suppose that function has its uses... but really? If you need the car to turn the lights on for you, then somethings up?! :)

Someone in a black SL pulled out a gun on me on the M4 near bristol (at night)... if it werent for the fact that i managed to get away by turning my lights off and burning off... things might have been different.:sick:

following on with the head light thing is there a way of wiring them up so when u turn the ignition off the lights go off, had a feature in my punto that did that, useful cos i cant hear the warning beep when i get out of the car! Got a 99 1.4 clio btw.

Ford Fiesta

the thing with auto lights, is they go straight to dipped they dont put side lights on first for 1/2 hour or so.

also the megane RS has "see me home" lights, whats this?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

nah, see me home lights are where the lights stay on for 30 seconds or so, to light the driveway up etc.

Ford Fiesta

V6 MDT if you have auto lihgts, depends how old your car is. Look at te top of the windscreen, is there like 3 crystals and surrounding it black material like solar panel type stuff? if so you should have auto lights