ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turning A 2008 Clio Into A Keycard Entry And Start, Is It Possible?

Megane 225
Hi,

In January 2008 i purchased a Clio Dynamique SX. It just used a normal key to start it. I have now come across a Clio of about the same age as mine that someone has crashed which has the key-card and the push button start. I was wondering if it would be possible to take parts from the crashed one and put it into mine so i could make mine the keyless entry and start. Also would it be worth doing or am i just having an absolute mare and just looking for problems:rasp:

All comment would be appreciated:cool:

Cheers

Mini Cooper S
I love my push start system :)

Gonna be too much hassle...immobiliser, sensors on the doors, re-wiring all the dash s**t. Forget about it!

Skoda Fabia vRS
stick with a key, you DONT want a key card, they are too easily damaged and very fragile inside

320d
stick with a key, you DONT want a key card, they are too easily damaged and very fragile inside

True, a mate had one with his laguna, it was a 53 plate and the key card was nakered, had to be taped up etc.

Both keys on my ph1 are mint and they're 9 years old.

E30 318iS x2
There is no point even thinking on covertiong it, may seem cool starting your car with a button but at the end of the day as long as the thing starts whats the problem?

Megane 225
aye, agree. spoken to the dealer and there are 7 sensors around the car, and the steering wheel would need to be replaced so the lock disengages when you press the start button. put that idea in the bin then.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It's a shame really, keyless go/entry is brilliant - love it on the 200 :approve:

Megane 225
i know, still more incentive to save up for the 200. Had a drive in the megane coupe the other day, and when you walk away from it the thing beeps and locks!! so class!