ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turinis Hmmmmm

CLIO 182
Please help me because for the love of god i can not get my head around the price of some of these for sale..
Time and time again i have seen these for sale at what i would describe as way over priced..
"example for talk sake": Turinis for sale okish condition but i would recommend 2 tyres would need replacing and could do with a refurb to make as new. 400 or nearest offer.

Why oh why would i or anyone want to pay that amount of money only to have to refurb them and replace any tyres..
I for one would think if anyone was willing to pay way over 400 or that kind of figure that they would want as near as mint alloys as possible and at least 5 odd mm of tyre depth etc..

I know certain items are rare enough and therefore demand such a premuim but i dont count these alloys as being such an example of that

Maybe i am wrong or just wanting too much from certain things??

yours sincerely scrooge lol

Please help me because for the love of god i can not get my head around the price of some of these for sale..
Time and time again i have seen these for sale at what i would describe as way over priced..
"example for talk sake": Turinis for sale okish condition but i would recommend 2 tyres would need replacing and could do with a refurb to make as new. 400 or nearest offer.

Why oh why would i or anyone want to pay that amount of money only to have to refurb them and replace any tyres..
I for one would think if anyone was willing to pay way over 400 or that kind of figure that they would want as near as mint alloys as possible and at least 5 odd mm of tyre depth etc..

I know certain items are rare enough and therefore demand such a premuim but i dont count these alloys as being such an example of that

Maybe i am wrong or just wanting too much from certain things??

yours sincerely scrooge lol
I shifted a near mint set.. gen trophy turinis.. one had the smallest curb mark all with decent rubber (toyo tr1s) 4mm all round for £415.. very easily.

But.. I had people pm'ing me 'explaining' they could get them for 250-300 all needing a refurb and tyres and that i wouldn't get anywhere near my asking price (£450 iirc.)

'lolz'

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's because certain people don't want to accept the condition they're actually in. Few marks or shot to bits, what difference does it make, it's still gonna need a refurb? But people selling them with just a few marks seem to think that should only make them a tenner cheaper than if they were mint.

Also, I think some people are deluded as to the cost of a decent refurb, just because one place in Brum used to powdercoat for £20 a corner...

Oh, and their mate can fit tyres for free...

BG 182
I paid £475 on fleabay, they were refurbished and hadn't been on a car since, had 4 tyres on, 2 of which were scrap, but I took the other 2 off and sold them for £50. And they were in Lincoln, I live 4 miles away, I thought it was a pretty good deal tbh!

RB182cup&golf gti
I got a new set in the end from Renault Wolverhampton on here as every set I saw coming up needed tyres and refurbing so thought sod it, better off with a new set.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Anything is worth what people will pay.
If you don't want to pay that get a lesser wheel. They are a lovely wheel that is light and strong. Im sure you can get a nice set of dezent/ripspeed rims for less.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I paid £280 for mine with a decent set of tyres. (still using the tyres now)

Refurb was £150 For them all to be Powdered and Lacquered.

So not too bad in the end.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I paid £280 for mine with a decent set of tyres. (still using the tyres now)

Refurb was £150 For them all to be Powdered and Lacquered.

So not too bad in the end.
I thought your wheels were f**ked from when you bought them off that guy on here? (remember the thread being comedy gold). Seem to remember the tyres being lethal and a wheel or two with flat spots.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I thought your wheels were f**ked from when you bought them off that guy on here? (remember the thread being comedy gold). Seem to remember the tyres being lethal and a wheel or two with flat spots.
Oh they were.
Had one that was bent repaired to be unbent.
Tyres (2 of the 4) were run flat, but from advice of a tyre place down here he said they will be for a while if required.

Other than that after the refurb they are fine.