ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo conversion or throttle bodies

clio 182
as the price for both are very similar i carnt decide which to go for? any input would be appreciated.just dont want to lose driveability in the corners.was looking at the engine dynamics low boost kit or jenvey throttle bodies with the gen 90 ecu

Lotus Elise
Depends what you want from the car, I prefer natural aspiration but its not a cost effective way upping your power.

DCI100
as the price for both are very similar i carnt decide which to go for? any input would be appreciated.just dont want to lose driveability in the corners.was looking at the engine dynamics low boost kit or jenvey throttle bodies with the gen 90 ecu

I'm all for turbo mate. But throttle bodies are equally awesome just your not going to be get as much power

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Personally I'd go for itb's and chuck in cams. If u want boost buy a turbo'd car. Itb's sound epic

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends what you want from the car, I prefer natural aspiration but its not a cost effective way upping your power.

Bob on. I'll never boost the 172 as I'm a NA fan but if you want power then boost is the way to go. I guess I'm just not that fussed by having big power. (Having said that Stus flower is awesome!)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
^^ totally agree. Boost or supercharged is the way to go for power. ITB's do sound the dogs danglees but its a lot of money to chuck at a clio for not a lot more power especially if you are chasing figures.

53 Clio's & counting
It all depends on what you want, if you want power then boost is a no brainer - I mean completely, as for the same money as itb's you will have at least 40bhp and 60 lb ft more.

But if you want it quicker than it is, to sound really nice and generally behave like a standard car just more power everywhere with no lag then itb's are a good way to go.

No one way is better than the other, it's just what each person personally wants :)