ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunst's Pearl Black 172

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Right.. Havnt updated this for a while... Not a huge amount has happened TBH, due to fund being low :( So i bought another car :rasp:

IMG_0387.gif

The plan was to fix the engine and sell on for a profit, but that didnt happen, when i began stripping it down i found out the car had been in a bump at some point, and i didnt have the time to have all of the brackets etc straightened out, so i just stripped it for parts! (Biggest mistake ever! I will never break a car on here again)

Anyway! about a month before FCS i decided i wanted to spray my wheels black, iv only ever had silver wheels so thought id try something different, took me forever as i got bored doing them :dapprove: managed to get them finished the day before FCS, No pics of it at FCS though :dapprove:

So i took some when i got home after a quick clean to get rid of the 500miles worth of grime and the lovely rockingham dust!

IMG_0434-1.jpg

IMG_0432-1.jpg

IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Also while i was down at FCS, I spoke to Brian about a cup spoiler he had for sale, £120 later it was mine :D Thanks again Brian
IMG_0426.gif

Dropped it off for paint on tuesday so should be ready tomorrow :D

I also decided that the Headlights were ruining the look of the front end so today I spent a few hours cleaning them up came up quite well considering i done them by hand! Only one before pic..

IMG_0475.gif

IMG_0476.gif

IMG_0477.gif

Once i have sold the remains of the car iv broken, I'm hoping to get some coilovers, and a few other small bits and pieces to help smarten her up!

Also looking into a Turbo :eek:

C&C Welcome :)

Tunst

BMW 535d
What did you have to do to get your headlights to look like that? Mine are all scratched like they were at the start.
Jake

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You need to wet sand them, I used 1500 Wet and dry, then gave it a once over with T-cut, then if it looked ok, gave it another going over with some 2500 wet and dry, then another going over with T-cut then a good polish to bring it up all shiney :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think im destroying another cat, really bad smell and alot of bangs coming from the exhaust :(

Think im gonna take it out, chop the cat out and weld a bit of pipe in place.. Pikey decat ftw!

BMW 535d
You need to wet sand them, I used 1500 Wet and dry, then gave it a once over with T-cut, then if it looked ok, gave it another going over with some 2500 wet and dry, then another going over with T-cut then a good polish to bring it up all shiney :)

Cheers mate i will have to try that but i might get some xenon headlights before i do coz i need them to complete the sport look

Mini Cooper S
I think im destroying another cat, really bad smell and alot of bangs coming from the exhaust :(

Think im gonna take it out, chop the cat out and weld a bit of pipe in place.. Pikey decat ftw!

Heard it at Westfield mate!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Nice to see the spoiler has gone to a good home and you've not wasted any time getting it re-sprayed

Good read this too

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Nice to see the spoiler has gone to a good home and you've not wasted any time getting it re-sprayed

Good read this too

Has someone been searching there name? :rasp:

Thanks mate :) Brakes and suspension are next on my list i think! ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
LOL, not today (yet!) 'New Posts'...

Brakes and suspension is on everyones list, funny that. Rob was offering to 'look after' the Brembo's for me too, how kind!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
LOL, not today (yet!) 'New Posts'...

Brakes and suspension is on everyones list, funny that. Rob was offering to 'look after' the Brembo's for me too, how kind!

They would be better in my possession tbh..

How much would you be willing to let them go for? ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Will do!

Feedback when you get a second, I know you're a busy man. It better be good!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Small update!

Bought some KTR Solid Top Mounts off Nickson (Thanks again mate) Fitted them today.. No more knocking!

I cant see what the hype is about them tbh.. I havnt noticed a difference but that might be because im on standard suspension?

IMG_0488.gif

IMG_0487.gif

Will go pick my cup spoiler up when i can be arsed and get that fitted..

After seeing robs car with Recaros fitted I want some so they might be on the cards at some point :eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Does that mean you'll bust a gut for CSS?? :rasp:

I dont know about that tbh... Its a good (Insert amount of miles from my place to CSS) will be filthy by the time i get there.. Same as FCS lol

Look good fitted!
Glad they sorted your knocking mate, cars looking :cool::approve:

Cheers mate :cool:

Few bits and pieces i need to sort though!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just kurbed one of my wheels slightly :(

Going back to silver soon , so not overly fussed but still annoying :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You not got the paint you did them with?

Honestly touching them in when you've painted them yourself is the easiest thing in the world!

Clean the wheel right up, bit of wet and dry on the offending area, make sure you finish on a minimum 1200 grit and then just spray lightly and blend outwards.

Will cover it up a treat, then, if you fancy a little lacquer.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You not got the paint you did them with?

Honestly touching them in when you've painted them yourself is the easiest thing in the world!

Clean the wheel right up, bit of wet and dry on the offending area, make sure you finish on a minimum 1200 grit and then just spray lightly and blend outwards.

Will cover it up a treat, then, if you fancy a little lacquer.

Il think about it ;)

I want them silver again it looked alot better imo (Plus Revels will approve :approve:)

Great project mate and a great read ;)

Cheers mate, theres alot of stuff missing so i really need to get the thread sorted out, might start it again so i can add the rest of the info iv missed lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
She off the road for a week or 2 as of tomorrow. Going to the body shop next week to have the roof resprayed and cup spoiler fitted, then im going to remove the suspension parts and replace the fucked parts..

Evo 5 RS
mm, Love black f1s!

Make sure those top mounts don't seize, I'm not sure if it was all the gold ones that were affected or not, but they were prone.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
mm, Love black f1s!

Make sure those top mounts don't seize, I'm not sure if it was all the gold ones that were affected or not, but they were prone.

I greased them up when i got them, and will continue to do so :rasp:

Black 16" F1's FTW

But i think they looked better silver but it could just be me...