ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunst's Pearl Black 172

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thought id make myself a thread to show the progress of my latest purchase.

Sorry if this dont make sense >.<

So, after my insurance running out on the old bargin bus, i thought id try my luck at getting quotes for a sport, at 20 Years old, 3 points, and a claim it was going to be expencive, lowest i got was £2000 :dapprove: so i thought sod that, then i had a smart idea of getting onto our garage trade insurance for social and domestic. One phone call and 2 hours of waiting for them to get back to me i was insured for the tidy sum of £150 :cool:

So then the search for a sport began, i had a budget of £2500 and was origionally looking for a nice Ph1 but they were all down london way :dapprove: and i wouldnt have minded going that far, but id rather something a little closer so i began looking for Ph2, i found the colour i wanted an Iceberg (I think) in blackpool, was cheap at £1700 with 112k on the clock which didnt bother me... milage is just a number after all... Phoned to go view it and it was sold... :dapprove: So searched again, found another in carlisle, advertised for £2100, so off i went cash in pocket, got there to be greeted by this:

51 Plate, 75k on the clock, 3 previous owners

(Pics from the add)
40911_450172430002_659990002_5510490_1634730_n.jpg

59628_450172475002_659990002_5510491_8326069_n.jpg

59628_450172480002_659990002_5510492_3938_n.jpg

59628_450172485002_659990002_5510493_5227788_n.jpg

So i arrive to a rather dirty looking 172 but i didnt care i loved it, so i had a look around it, it had its problems (Il list later) but i didnt care, i wanted it, it had to be mine! So went to talk to the owner, got him down to £1800 he even threw the private plate in, cash handed over, deal done, off i drove with a huge smile on my face!

The drive home was awesome, the power compared to the 1.2 this felt like a rocket, i didnt really push it as i didnt want to wrap it :eek: managed a nice 40Mpg...

Got her home, straight on the lift to give her a good going over, picked out the problems:

-Broken passenger fog light
-Cracked rear bumper
-Drivers skirt not on properly
-Wheels a mess
-Cambelt and Axu belt needed done
-Bird s**t etching on the roof
-Headlights faded and passenger side mount broken
-Front brakes shot
-No splitter

Thats all i can think of atm...

img0208dk.jpg

img0202ob.jpg

img0209g.jpg

img0204uu.jpg

So i started off fixing the simple things.

Replaced the fog light
Replaced the brakes
Serviced it

Was happy with it for a few days then i felt the modding bug biting so it began

First things first my mascot.

img0206mj.jpg
As

Replaced the boring orange indicator bulbs
img0204uu.jpg

Added the rear strut brace iv had laying around for a year...
img0207b.jpg

Clear side reps (Note more bird s**t etching)
img0201xr.jpg

K&N Panel filter
img0210q.jpg

and a tow eye :cool:
img0203s.jpg

Next things on the list are:

Fit the Fabia splitter i have in the kitchen
Fit a new climate sensor
Exhaust as the backbox fell off :dapprove:
Cambelt and Aux
Bumper fixed
Roof resprayed
Lowered
Alloys refurbed
Cup or Trophy spoiler
Probably a few more things...

So there you go, its not perfect Yet but i love it, and its slowly coming around to my standard...

Il update as things progress, and get some decent pics eventually, works been busy lately :dapprove:

Sorry for the long fist post :eek:

Last edited:
  n/a
ahh nice little read mate, good going with your mods must feel like a beast compared to a 1.2

£150 for insurance???

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
ahh nice little read mate, good going with your mods must feel like a beast compared to a 1.2

£150 for insurance???

So it made sense then? :eek:

And yeah £150, the actual insurance is £3000 for the garage etc but to add me and the car to the poilcly was an extra £150

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If i can get a stealth il be buying that, or you should get a recessed one :D

Megane 225 F1
TBH I was thinking of it later next year. Was looking at pics of my 1.4 with recessed and missed it. But stealth for the time being.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
TBH I was thinking of it later next year. Was looking at pics of my 1.4 with recessed and missed it. But stealth for the time being.

I prefer the look of a recessed one as a stealth one just makes it sound like your standard one is blowing :rasp:

Edit: I also sold the Bargin Bus today so have more money to spend on this :D

n/a
So it made sense then? :eek:

And yeah £150, the actual insurance is £3000 for the garage etc but to add me and the car to the poilcly was an extra £150

not too bad at all at the sweet tender age of 20 i had a 1.1 fiesta at that age. ha yes it made sense mate, i've got a pearl black aswell now prevously owned a monaco 172 but this one needs a bit of bodywork doing and some mods to get it up to what i would like but all in good time.

have a butchers in here
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-amp-Black-Gold-s-Look....&highlight=al+pearl

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Been looking at that thread at diff wheels but i think im gonna stick with the standard refurbed in anthracite

n/a
i actually fancy some turbines in black or the standard ones in black im not too sure my mind changes everyday

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i actually fancy some turbines in black or the standard ones in black im not too sure my mind changes everyday

Same with me, iv looked at turinis, pro race, turbines etc etc and have no idea what i prefer but they suit the standards more imo so il end up stucking with them i think..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Please not turbines, turinis however would look awesome

I think im just gonna stick with the standards but refurbed in anthracite..

Just finished fitting my fabia splitter, it finishes the front off quite nicely.. Pics later

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just dropped the car off at Exhaust centre to have a Cat back Janspeed fitted tomorrow:D

Also didnt have time to get a pic of splitter fitted >.<

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Stealth???

It's good to see you cracking on with the things that need doing Mark, good work.

Nah recessed, next on the list is getting the bumper fixed.

Also fitted a new climate sensor and its still buzzing :mad: and when you hit about 80mph its f*cking screams

Mini Cooper S
No mention of my help here??...............................lol only kidding mate looks good!! btw thought you said the zorst was quiet??? was loud as!! ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
No mention of my help here??...............................lol only kidding mate looks good!! btw thought you said the zorst was quiet??? was loud as!! ;)

You helped? :p
Tbh its quiter than yours, only time its quite loud is when ur accelerating once ur at a steady speed its quite quiet..

Update!

Got my car back today with the Jan speed fitted, its a 2.5" system with a 12" silencer and 16" backbox with a 3" slash tip, first impressions its louder than what i wanted but hey, it might just be me but the car seems to pull a little smoother.

Bad point, it sagged quite badly in the middle and the backbox has dropped about 4 inch from the bumper so its going back in tomorrow to get that sorted and see if they will cut the bumper and mount it in there rather than have it hanging under the bumper.. I paid £275 for it and i want it perfect!

Il get a vid of it tomorrow when i find my video camera and digi camera..

Megane 225 F1
Look forward to the pics and video mate. Mine will be on the car next Friday......Wait, I'm going to stop now. This is your progress thread LOL

Megane 225 F1
LOL. Ok then. <3

JMS induction went on today. Yellow calipers tomorrow. Stealth and sportlines next Friday.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
LOL. Ok then. <3

JMS induction went on today. Yellow calipers tomorrow. Stealth and sportlines next Friday.

JMS induction worth it?

I want to lower mine but i dunno if i want coilovers or just go for springs...

Megane 225 F1
It sounds amazing! Loud, but once the exhaust is fitted it shouldn't be AS obvious. And there is definite improvement in the feel of it. Might be placebo, but it feels more free throughout the revs.

Depends on the size of the wheels ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
It sounds amazing! Loud, but once the exhaust is fitted it shouldn't be AS obvious. And there is definite improvement in the feel of it. Might be placebo, but it feels more free throughout the revs.

Depends on the size of the wheels ;)

Im on 16" i might just buy springs and if some cheap coilies come along il swap to those.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
looking good dude, look forward to seing it in the flesh!

PSJ.

Get that RR day sorted then! :p

As i said me and nash might be coming carlisle for some pics or w.e if you fancy meeting up

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Decided to take a look at the exhaust myself, before i took it back to the place that made it, got it on the lift and was shocked as to what i saw, the welds looked like they had been done by a 10 year old, the clamp holding the backbox on was loose and the cat/centre section join was loose, iv tightenee all that up and it seems to sit ok, but i still want it cut into the bumper and you can see the backbox hanging down a little....

so once iv finished work il be going through there to kick up a fuss...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Got the exhaust sorted theres nothing i can do about the welds so il have to live with that... They wont cut the bumper so i can have it mounted in there so il have to find someone to do that...

Still got no pics as i cant find my camera :(

But iv found some pics on my iPhone that i took of the parts iv wrapped in some carbon stuff nashy gave me.. They aint bad for my first time imo..

5284f824-d1fb-c024.jpg

52848bc7-d256-61c2.jpg

5284f824-d293-8e4d.jpg

5284f824-d2d7-8fba.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking good buddy. Question. Where is your esp Switch?

No idea, the wires are there behind the panel but thers no switch... So im assuming mine dont have it, but theres a light on the dash but its never kicked in.

Megane 225 F1
If the wires are there, maybe someone took the switch out to stop them from being tempted to turn it off LOL

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If the wires are there, maybe someone took the switch out to stop them from being tempted to turn it off LOL

Lol mayb! Theres a llug there for the cruise/speed limiter to but i have no controls for it..