ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunepoint in my R27

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Is this a dealer fit thing? Will they have a clue what I'm talking about if I go in and ask for it? How much coins am I looking at?

Just to clarify for me - it gives me an Aux in point basically in my glovebox - which I can plug an iPod into and I'll be able to control the iPod with my steering wheel controls yea? Will it work with an iPod touch and do I need a special cable? If so - where does one get one of said cables?

Cheers guys :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
£175? Nice heh! Still, I guess it will work with my steering column controls etc.

there was someone selling them for £100 on here IIRC, he might not have any left now though........I was going to buy one from him, then left it. Search in the car parts for sale forum and it might still be around

Yeah it'll work with steering wheel controls.

My g/f has just bought a car that has a tunepoint it. She doesn't know it's there or what it is...

Free tunepoint to me then!!! ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
Denty was selling them for £100 but he's not got any left. There's a place on Ebay which does them, but they aren't advertised. Think they were £150.

It comes with all the cables and fitting bits.

I paid dealer price of £175.

It took all of 5 minutes to fit.

tunepoint1.jpg

tunepoint2.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so my ipod fits into this and it works on the 197 wheel too? sounds too good to be true lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I've been using mine with an 8gb usb stick. I can't be bothered remembering to move my iPod between my gym bag and the car.

Whatever you plug in uses the steering controls. The wheel advances tracks, clicking it advances folders. There's no track names or anything on the display. I just number the folders on the USB stick.

Clio F1 R27
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a bit of a rip off. You can buy a good Alpine head unit for the same bucks which has iPod control with stalk connectivity and eq. You'd also get much more watts per channel, clarity and functionality than the standard R27 unit which I believe is only 15 watts.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd rather have a standard head unit in the dash though. I'd got a nice Alpine unit I'd removed from the Trophy, but decided to sell that and get a Tunepoint instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a bit of a rip off. You can buy a good Alpine head unit for the same bucks which has iPod control with stalk connectivity and eq. You'd also get much more watts per channel, clarity and functionality than the standard R27 unit which I believe is only 15 watts.

Looks crap. OEM look ftw.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
True, I havn't bothered to fit mine as the mp3 one sounds good and looks tidy..

I just noticed yesterday it does say "MP3" on it - so that's handy, I have loads of MP3 CDs already :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone confirm the part number is 77 114 19487 ?

Cheers :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted mine today, got it off ebay for £75. Works well, although one thing that I think might get irritating is that because it comes through the CD Changer plug, it only sees all the folders as 6 CDs - so it basically makes 6 folders of loads of tracks/albums each and then lets you flick through them - so when you pull the jog wheel on the steering column controls towards you - what would be next folder on an MP3 CD is the next 'CD' or block of folders/mp3s. Is everyone elses like this or is it just the way my dad's iPod is set up? And it didn't seem to think there was a 'CD 2' folder of tracks. Is there a way round this? I have a brand new iPod in the post so I can set it up/put the tracks on however is best for the tunepoint.

I like the way the iPod turns off a short time after the stereo is turned off, and the way it says "Renault" on the screen beforehand hehe. You could really fill it full, and just leave it in there forever!

Cheers alll

Dan

1.8 Civic EX
sorry, just a quick question...a few of you guys mention using an 8gig stick...I have an 80gig protable hardrive. It's full of music and pictures etc...would this work with the tune point? just asking as I don't have an mp3 player or ipod

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm not sure if they are refering to the older cabasse units. In theory it should work with those as it just connects in place of the autochanger.

The reason it won't work on a Clio III cabasse unit is because the actual inards of the head unit are located under the passenger seat (I think). The headunit in the dash does little more than house the controls as far as I know.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It works with the Clio III with the new CAN bus setup.

Some of the late 182's came with this setup and it works (i have in mine)

But others seem to be very hit and miss, i tried mine in several 182s with cabasse units and nothing but Error up on screen.

Is there anyway of listening to all my music on my ipod? It seems to play the first 6 playlists, and that's it.

I want to be able to use all my 22gb of music lol.

This is in the Twingo GT by the way, I don't think it'd work in the 182 so never got one.

as far as i know the only hu it wont work with is the mk3 clios 6cd cabasse as the radio is wired to the aux which is under the drivers seat

ive got that so im sort of stuck with it

I had one of these - bought from Denty When he was selling them at an even cheaper price. I cannot understand how Renault have the balls to sell these units for £175 (think they were even more expensive originally?)
I didn't like the fact that you couldn't select albums, only the odd playlists (well six of them) and it displayed no information on the LCD display.

I sold it to someone for what I paid for it, sold the MP3 headunit and bought an Alpine headunit, with a bundled ipod lead - Really pleased with my set up now. Although it was a b**ch to get the cables all tucked in behind the new headunit.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
I had one of these - bought from Denty When he was selling them at an even cheaper price. I cannot understand how Renault have the balls to sell these units for £175 (think they were even more expensive originally?)
I didn't like the fact that you couldn't select albums, only the odd playlists (well six of them) and it displayed no information on the LCD display.

I sold it to someone for what I paid for it, sold the MP3 headunit and bought an Alpine headunit, with a bundled ipod lead - Really pleased with my set up now. Although it was a b**ch to get the cables all tucked in behind the new headunit.

Good work Trev.... I guess it depends on your preferences. At this stage i'm erring towards keeping the standard H/U in, but it certainly seems easier to sort the ipod problem out if you go for new H/U.... could you put up a photo of your setup please?!... ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yea it only plays the first 6 playlists, which is a bit crap to be fair. I've just made 6 like, genre playlists and put it on random. Making sure there is as little stuff as possible that I don't like and would need to skip. Only had a couple of days but it's handy for sure. Not worth £175, not by a long chalk - but then - if you wanna remain the OEM look that's the only choice I guess. Has anyone used the Connects2 adaptor, the CTARNIPOD003 as seen here - http://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx?catID=27&manID=225&modID=510

If so, does that work any better?

The Tunepoint would be perfect if instead of just seeing it as a CD changer and 6 CDs (or playlists) it just saw it as one huge MP3 CD and you could just skip folders like it lets you do with an MP3 CD.

Dan

Is this only with an ipod or anything thats connected to it? I have about 20 folders on my USB pen, will be a bit dissapointed if i have to condense them into just 6 folders to get everything to play

Got mine this morning and i can confirm it dosnt do this with USB pen drives, you can skip through as many folders as you have :D

Lol, the only downside in my opinion is that you cant go backwards if you skip past a folder you want, you have to scroll back through the previous tracks to get to the start of the previous folder, if you get me

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
If you dont want to control the ipod through the H/U and steering wheel then just spend £10 on here... Theres a guy that makes the leads for a tenner... Floridadaz i think his name is...