ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble connecting aftermarket radio

Renault Clio MK3
Currently I have the standard Clio MK3 radio with the TomTom screen.
I've bought a new radio headunit however I've come to install it but theres 3 block plugs from the standard one.

Do I need an additional wiring harness adapter to connect the aftermarket radio? I have tried to install the new unit with just the one block connector (as normal) but it seems that no power is going to the unit.

I've also tried re-installing the standard unit with the single block plug, and that has no power either.

This leads me to think I need a wiring harness adapter to be able to install it?

​Any ideas?

Clio 182
I tried changing a stereo on a renault traffic for a customer which had built in tomtom, radio works but tomtom doesn't. The tomtom relies on factory radio to work. Tried renault/ armour/ connects2 - no leads manufactured to keep tomtom working.

I presume this will be same for all tomtom's married to stereos but could be wrong. Try MTAudio n see if he can get one.

Multimeter on plugs (for power) - one of the iso's is power (should be 2x lives when ignition is on), one is speakers, and one is for tomtom