ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy replica spoiler tailgate struts.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What ones are needed for the replica spoilers?

Unsure if the reps are the same as genuine ones but I do know my spoiler doesn't hit the roof once fully opened.

Vaguely remember reading it was a BMW one?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol clue was in your question. Well I'm out of help apart from I think it was from a 1 series lol

What ones are needed for the replica spoilers?

Unsure if the reps are the same as genuine ones but I do know my spoiler doesn't hit the roof once fully opened.

Vaguely remember reading it was a BMW one?
They use the standard non trophy struts on the fake spoilers.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
1 series on original trophy spoiler .Christ listen too impreza he will say a m3 exhaust fits next

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes, can confirm as I have one. Just use the existing struts. Boot opens all the way without hitting the spoiler. That's one of the advantages of the replica. Also buy the primered one as it will save you a bit of grief.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't replica spoilers need shorter struts whereas if you put the standard struts on a Trophy it would damage the spoiler? Are they dimensionally different?