ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #002 for sale on Autotrader? Anybody know anything?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
Only god knows why I'm not posting this on the trophy forum! But I've seen trophy #002 online and wanted to know more about it from the people who have either owned it or been to see it.

I've heard so many bad this about this car but I can't help be feel like people are over exaggerating, but yet i could be wrong and the car could be scrap!

So anyone with anything interesting to say feel free to let me know!

Cheers x

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I saw someone talking about it on Facebook, apparently it's not a great example.

Check the Trophy Register mate.

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
First 5 were press cars so make of that what you will. Have a look on CT a few people have been to see it and left their impressions on it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Number 2 is a bit rough apparently, back sounds looks like it might have had bit of a touch up. There are quite a few posts on the trophy forum of people going to view/drive it and the sales person being economical with the truth and changing the price. I believe you could find a better one if you continue to look. I own #6 which was one of the press cars, currently on 70,000 and in excellent condition I might add.

This is mine :-

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-reviews/16209/renaultsport-clio-182-trophy

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not mint when I went to see it anyway , body works at best average , has aftermarket exhaust , hasn't had any refurb to suspension after asking the dealer they replied its normal suspension, like a cup! Lol, service history wasn't complete as they told me they couldn't even find it ! Lol

But more so Is the dealer they are full on cowboys as well, it's says it comes with the warranty , which won't be worth a thing , also my 172 went to them because it was knocking , under warranty after ages of messing about they couldn't diagnose it and tried fitting a dephaser Pulley , even though I'd told them it's span a shell!

In the original dealer bought the car back lol !

Be awear it's been up for sale approx 2-3 years at the garage , which also says there's something not quite right .... Apart from the absolutely ridiculous price it was up for originally !

Couldnt steer you further away from them of I tried !

Also a friend bought a mini from there , the gearbox was whining , took it back they said nothing wrong , took it mini they said it needs a gearbox, they refused warranty and said we have to diagnose it and there's nothing wrong !

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
A great response from people here!

The fact the car isn't in amazing condition isn't what puts me off this car, I'd be lying if I said the fact it's one of the first six which were featured in press magazines dosent apeal to me... But it's like Beasley said, the place is full of 'cowboys' ... Ive spoken to the dealer on the phone, asked for a ruff estimate on part exchange details sent to me via E-mail and I've then E-mailed again asking where they are.

If the car is ruff in areas, and they're struggling to sell it, this surely will allow movement on price. (Surely anyway)... It's just the worry that I'll have to fight a loosing battle when it comes to the warranty if something goes wrong.

Anybody got anything else to add?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd seriously search for another , there are cheaper examples that are better , and even in a private sale you'd get pretty much the same warranty you get of them lol !

Seams ma to me mate you stuck up on the number of the car , personally , it's nothing special !

Buy cars on condition mate, I bought a 172 with 39k from a dealer had issues like you wouldn't believe , my 182 I got with 94k from auction, ran rings around my 172 !

Ignore the car find a trophy worth your money time and effort !