ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Triple scooby near miss at the 'Ring

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I found the track very overwhelming, very long and hard to remember whats going on, as Chip has said the blind crest's drive you insane because even if you remember whats over the hill you still doubt yourself

I just kept my foot in and hoped for the best when I was learning it, it was my mrs I was on about freaking out for the blind crests, she is a lot smarter than I am, hence I have crashed there and she probably never will, lol.

I did 10:16 on my first lap having never even seen a video even of a full lap let alone playstation games or anything, and it was in a car I had never driven before that day.
Remove brain, get in car, press throttle, hope not to crash, sorted always used to be my plan.

I wouldnt be the same these days now I am a grown up though, lol.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I've always wanted to go to the ring (wanted to go this year). I have to be honest, I want to go more just for the drive there and atmosphere. I've never done a track day (in my own car) so not sure the 'ring is the best place.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've always wanted to go to the ring (wanted to go this year). I have to be honest, I want to go more just for the drive there and atmosphere. I've never done a track day (in my own car) so not sure the 'ring is the best place.

I'm the absolute opposite. I've never done a track day and will be looking at booking my first one after the 'ring in October. My idea being that I've no idea how I'll get on with any track work, whether I'll enjoy it or not. The 'Ring however is something I HAVE to do at some point in my life. So go to the 'ring, see how I feel about track days, look at booking a track day.

Makes sense in my head lol.

Evo
Did the black one just slam his brakes on and hope for the best?

Probably, we are talking about a bloke who sticker bombed his vent...

Watching that makes me realise just how insanely quick those scoobies are. I reckon that'd destroy my 265 on track, tempting.......

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Probably, we are talking about a bloke who sticker bombed his vent...

Watching that makes me realise just how insanely quick those scoobies are. I reckon that'd destroy my 265 on track, tempting.......
I've spent the last 45 minutes looking at them and upto that point I was all set on my next car FFS!!

clio 182 trophy
Fair play to the blue scooby driver, very good reactions imo. Also a great catch as he could have spun badly and there might have been a very different outcome!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Christ, that was lucky for all 3 of them. Maybe it shows it's safer not to blast around in groups so close together. Although that estate that pulled out of the gap in the armco at 56secs would have made me think something was going on up ahead tbh.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That was very lucky! Good job the guy waving the flag wasn't stood few hundred metres closer!

Christ, that was lucky for all 3 of them. Maybe it shows it's safer not to blast around in groups so close together. Although that estate that pulled out of the gap in the armco at 56secs would have made me think something was going on up ahead tbh.

That's the entrance at Adenau so nothing unusual, it's a place you should expect cars to be entering.

I agree about the driving round together like that, should be positioning yourself so you can see ahead.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I remember the video of the car that joined there and instantly spun it into the barrier on the corner haha.

Suzuki Jimny
Very scary!

That's why I tend to drive carefully there, never know what's around the corner. 5th trip booked for September :D

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
The ring is just awesome I've been going for 10 years now in all different car's and i have seen some crazy s**t !! i think everyone should go at some stage I've covered about 100/120 laps and I'm still learning the place needs to be treated with respect and your sense's on high alert ,
don't be put off by these videos those guys were all racing each other and imo thats the reason for the near miss , drive your own lap and you will be fine.
here's a few snaps of my 130i for this years trip.

3 up !
IMG_2441_zps38679915.png

Chasing down the m3s
DSC05511_zps264f9add.jpg

DSC05493_zps7ccf3443.jpg

DSC05383_zpse8744814.jpg

DSC05516_zps2673b682.jpg

For a family car the 130i was pretty dam good and held its own against the big boys !

Im looking forward to next years trip now

Not the greatest pics but you get the idea.

Swift Sport
You will feel MORE at risk like that than if you have a decent pace I reckon.

9/10ths is the key, not 6 IMHO

Bang around in about 9:30-10:00 mins and you arent constantly getting overtaken or doing overtaking, go out and put in 15 mins laps and you are far more likely to get tangled up in something.

Agree with Chip. I did half a dozen laps this year in a 1.6 MX-5 with no 'moments' at all, and I still don't know the track. My BGT times were just over 10mins so I wasn't exactly pootling around, but it wasn't scary.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I never slowed for it Tim. We need to go back again soon mate. :race:

That's you undertook me there on one lap. I slowed down for something then you took us both iirc.

I want to go two or three times next year and do the GP circuit as well. As I've mentioned going late February or March would be good so I can use up some leave.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That's you undertook me there on one lap. I slowed down for something then you took us both iirc.

I want to go two or three times next year and do the GP circuit as well. As I've mentioned going late February or March would be good so I can use up some leave.

Sounds good. I would like to go a couple of times next year.

If there's a possibility I'll come over with you if you wouldn't mind?

The more the merrier mate :)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I can definitely offer some good passenger laps!

I was thinking that!

We went for first time in April so it would be good to go out for some laps with you to start learning the lines.

I did 6 laps, first lap was under 10 minutes in the wet and by the end I was doing low 9 minute laps.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
We'll keep you posted Mark.

:)
Nice one!

I was thinking that!

We went for first time in April so it would be good to go out for some laps with you to start learning the lines.

I did 6 laps, first lap was under 10 minutes in the wet and by the end I was doing low 9 minute laps.
It takes a while to get the knowledge of the track, but once you do that's when you can push a bit harder.