ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trax 2010 event?

Italian 3.2 V6
So, .. i attended FCS for the 1st time this year.

Whats Trax all about? what happens etc another FCS type event? lol. is it a must to attend?

Please fill me in on what is involved.

PSJ.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
http://www.traxshows.co.uk

Some say it's better than Fcs, but attedance numbers don't dictate this, however, we are getting a bigger turn out year after year so more people are taking to Trax.

Basicly like Fcs with a wider variety of cars and more to see and do.

SG9 Forester STi
I found Trax a lot more entertaining as there is more to look at. Only thing I would say is that some of the cars/people who attend are debatable lol.

I liked it though, there was a good selection of trade and there was the 0-60 sprints which i quite liked watching.

Definitely get down there :approve:

SG9 Forester STi
Sorry Brian, I did come in to say hello and grab a sticker but goodness knows where you were!

Am I the only one that thought you were selling flumps? :eek:

alien green rs133
i spent most of the afternoon in the tent, never go offered a flump...

but cans were nice :D

will be at trax, even if i trek alone. i like weekend away from teh family.

as long as we don't have a chavtastic car next to the cliosport.net sign this year lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I came and stood by you hutchie and you didnt notice me :( so i left

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trax owns FCS

Much more to see and do, they ran 3 tracks last year, had decent trade and overall was just much better. Also really like it because it attracts all types of cars

DB.

BMW 440i
Trax > FCS!

I enjoyed watching the 0-60mph runs last year, as well as the track time!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trax > FCS!

I enjoyed watching the 0-60mph runs last year, as well as the track time!

Me too, amazing how much the 0-60 bit kept my attention, and watching the track is better than rockingham too what with having better viewing areas.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its like FCS but bigger, full of chavs + chaved up cars and also took me litrally an hour to get into. 50/50 if ill come this year, probably will though just for something to do!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Me too, amazing how much the 0-60 bit kept my attention, and watching the track is better than rockingham too what with having better viewing areas.

Lol at the Trax Track driving last year, the s**t some people where doing :/ I loved the stuff at FCS to, like 4 a breast down the straight along with overtaking through groups of other cars, was lol :cool:

CLIO PH1 172
oooohh i went to trax about 2 years ago and it was good, defently coming along again and this time i will be on a stand which will be better.

what sort of time do we need to get up there for ???

DB.

BMW 440i
Its like FCS but bigger, full of chavs + chaved up cars and also took me litrally an hour to get into. 50/50 if ill come this year, probably will though just for something to do!

Just do what i 'definitely didnt' do at FCS.

Pop the Hazards on and drive down the outside! lol People think your going somewhere special.

Italian 3.2 V6
in total i spent £235 for FCS (2people / tickets (track n stickers) / petrol (2 tanks) / food / drink n one night away) we looking at simuler figures?

i have tyres n brakes to buy for the car aswell as a hol to pay for so may have to miss it this year! :( :(

so i assume its more track focused aswell? :)

PSJ.

DB.

BMW 440i
Only slightly better for track IMO. Not much at all. That and the fact it has the 0-60.

It's a better day, but not by a million miles mate. I wouldn't go to all the hassle you have to, i only go because im in Bham.

If i had to choose, i'd choose Trax and will be next year and skipping FCS.

CLIO PH1 172
as above fcs cost me £50 with petrol left in the tank !!! but i didnt do any track time like you !

LY R26
trax is a good day out, as said more goin on that fcs due to it being open to all makes n models.

I was the last clio left last year after watching the drift finals lol

Italian 3.2 V6
date is good aswell, bit off yet like thought it would be sooner. aslong as its under £200 quid for me n the misses all in id be up for this.

maby camping? is there usually a group convoy that do the trip down and camp?

PSj.

SG9 Forester STi
It's by no means comfy and it's a pain lugging all the stuff around but the atmosphere is good.

Italian 3.2 V6
maby all pile into a local prem inn then? just whatever the cheaper the better imo lol!

PSJ.

Astra Twintop
I'll be easy to spot. One of the sensible ones who doesn't have a red bull drip attached to me!!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Im up for camping always turns out a laff!! But where? Looked at buying tickets and there nothing bout camping!

I'll no doubt come to Trax this year, I found it much more interesting in comparison to FCS. I've never minded Jap/VW cars so its a great balance and gives you a lot more to go and look at, plus all the stands and things they have set up keep you interested a lot longer.

One thing about trax was the tracktime, FCS looked civilised this year in comparison to Trax last year! The exige trackcars that were taking people out were driving like lunatics, good to watch at some points but wont be going on track myself.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
IMO Trax was absolutely shite.

The show was really good, but having to que for 3 hours+ just to get into the place was f**king ridiculous. Completely spoilt it for me. They really need to sort out the routes people can take to get into the show.