ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trans am grenade

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Something not right about this as the WS6 Ram air uses an LS1 not an LS7.

The LS7 is also a 6.0 505 BHP lump and the LS1 a 5.7 rated at 325 bhp. To get an LS7 to 620 bhp ( stated in vid ) would take something drastic like a supercharger and i cant see one on that Trans am. Unless its had a transplant and they've mated the LS7 up to the standard WS6 Borg warner box. This would chew the WS6 box up with hard use.

The LS7 is a Z06 vette lump.

Attachments

• 800px-2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_LS7_engine.jpg
    800px-2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_LS7_engine.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 15

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
If he's got so much power how did he manage to not spin the wheels!?

Monaro VXR
Something not right about this as the WS6 Ram air uses an LS1 not an LS7.

The LS7 is also a 6.0 505 BHP lump and the LS1 a 5.7 rated at 325 bhp. To get an LS7 to 620 bhp ( stated in vid ) would take something drastic like a supercharger and i cant see one on that Trans am. Unless its had a transplant and they've mated the LS7 up to the standard WS6 Borg warner box. This would chew the WS6 box up with hard use.

The LS7 is a Z06 vette lump.

LS7 is the 7.0 block hence the 427 that you sometimes see badged on them. A change of cam and some other mild upgrades and they respond very well would get it into the 600 mark anyway. Loads of them at the 600hp mark without much done to them.

The 6.0 block I believe is the LS2 with the 6.2 LS3 replacing it now. LS9 is the supercharged 6.2 in the ZR1.

Personally all that money on an engine swap they could have done it properly. begging for a 572! Proper big block muscle.