ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trakace - Wheel allignment tool thoughts?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
LOL Any plans of using it anytime soon?
As all the reviews etc i've read seem pretty good but would like an honest opinion before i go and spend my hard earned cash

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
No worries boss, not in a mad rush for it atm, after you do use it any chance you could post up your findings?
As i'd be interested.

Cheers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah will do. Keep an eye on my project blog, it'll most likely be in there. It's not on a Clio so people on here generally aren't that interested

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks pikey as hell especially the bit where you have to rotate it, why doesnt it have a plate and a central bearing built into it to rotate around?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey Chip, Not something that you'd go for then? LOL
I've always had tracking done at a garage, just came across this and was wandering if it was any good as a way of possibly saving some money long term by aligning the wheels myself.
I know you can do it all with measures / levels/ plumb lines etc, just thought that this may not be too bad and save some time or money (if i did do it myself).
But obviously if its a bit shite i dont really want it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I havent used it, so I could be wrong, but to me it looks easy to get wrong, plus its only 2 wheel anyway which isnt ideal.

52 172
As it only seems to measure "total toe" how do you know how much to adjust each individual toe when one side may be toeing in/out more or less than the other side?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
It does look pretty s***e to me and a way of cashing in quick. Professional wheel alignment gauges are fitted to both wheels at the same time.