ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traffic at rws

renault clio 16v sport
Well what a complete waste of a sunday. i were goin to the rws from stoke along the a50 set off at 8.10 at 8.40 got to the junction and wow the traffic i never even got to donnington to watch it i were still stuck in traffic at 2.00 never seen so much any body else miss it.
i were well pissed of bout missin it.
every where u looked it were grid locked
very poor organisition, surly they know how many people were goin to what tickets they sent out total joke

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find this odd, sat was hardly anything, got pretyy much straight in.

Lee

BMW M2C
I got there for 7.50 and didn't get held up at all. I left this evening after 5 and there were no queues at all.

What else could they do? In the morning all roads were one way, into the circuit, then in the afternoon it was reversed. Silverstone do the same. It's physically impossible for them to cope with that many cars.

Best thing to do is get there early and leave late.

I've had an amazing weekend.

renault clio 16v sport
did ya go today
i went last year and there were no problems at all but today was a disaster

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I cat say what the traffic was like today, but yesterday it took us nearly and hour to get in, and i left about 3:30 and people where still queing to get in!

Was a good day none the less.

I didnt even know you could camp or else id of done that!

renault clio 16v sport
well i enquared bout camping and they said they did not do it and the camp sites near donnington were full

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
but there was signs as i drove in on sat saying "camping this way" aswell as people setting up tents near the entrance was a bit of a giveway!

MINI Cooper S
I got there on friday night, drove straight in, camped all weekend on site (just happened to be at the end of east midlands airport's runway, waking up every 10 mins from planes taking off :|) but getting out today after the last race finished just took the piss.

Shhh
Parents left chester this morning at approx 7-30am. Advised them to come through melbourne and into the park this way avoiding the a50 castle donnington & a42 area.

They came down the a51 without issues, then tried to come down the a500. Decided to go down the M6 southbound the back up the a500 to the a50.

Went down the a50 then come off for melbourne, and job done. Met them in melbourne about 9-10am.

Infield on the track for about 9-30am.

Going home..

Left the park at approx 6-10pm.

Left though the infield tunnel, then down towards the paddock entrance, down the to the bottom to the cones. Told the guy on the junction i was turning left. He said no, i said yes. We went left into melbourne. Into melbourne came across a queue of traffic, took a detour to by-pass traffic.

Parents reported.. Left donnington at approx 6-10 ~ 6-15pm, arrived in chester 8pm.

We left same time, went a50, a52, a46 to immingham, arrived at 8-10pm approx.

No worries.. just read the map.

Shhh
I got there on friday night, drove straight in, camped all weekend on site (just happened to be at the end of east midlands airport's runway, waking up every 10 mins from planes taking off :|) but getting out today after the last race finished just took the piss.

I was downfield from you at a guess, guess you did not hear the Civic Type R guy who started his car at 4am on sat morning to keep warm.

Rebecca was going to smash the car in..

Ah pregnant women eh..

pug 106 rallye S2
strange traffic is ok depending on who is in your passenger seat...
went from tamworth up the m42 way took about a hour to get there but about 30mins coming back and that inc getting to sutton....
only trafffic was just outside the track coming back..
getting there hit traffic about 2 miles from junc on the 42 was pretty happy with that to be fair 80k people means there will be some traffic

RB 200 Cup!
arrived aorund 10ish - was quesiign for main entrance and then thought f**k it - went round the roundabout up to next junction and went in the back way piece of piss

Trophy #267
was ok. Left 8:30 from edge of derby and q'd just on the exit of the a50 into castle donnington.
On exit q'd to get out of the track then turned right and exited via melbourne and out via swarkestone to the a50 was having my tea just after 7

LY V6 with Recaros
I sat in traffic for about 20 minutes, it wasn't really that bad the way I came.

172 Cup (2003)
I set off from my hotel in Nottingham at 09:10 got parked in the collectors area at 10:30 on the dot. Granted, it did require some creative driving... but i got there just in time to join the queue for the parade lap... that was subsequently CANCELLED until 5pm BOOO.

Maz

LY 200

I was downfield from you at a guess, guess you did not hear the Civic Type R guy who started his car at 4am on sat morning to keep warm.

Ah pregnant women eh..

Seen you and your Mrs at the Gala around the chocolate fountain, how lush was that :approve:

I didnt sit in any traffic satrday or sunday :p got there early lol

Shhh

Ah pregnant women eh..

Seen you and your Mrs at the Gala around the chocolate fountain, how lush was that :approve:

I didnt sit in any traffic satrday or sunday :p got there early lol

I sat at the wrong table :(

This be my last one, as next year i shall be...

living here..

006.jpg

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
when i left to go home on sunday they closed the road towards the m1 added 20 miles on to my journey home :dapprove: had to pick up the m42 then get on the m40