ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control Issue and Electrics Diagnosis

Mazda RX8
So, my girlfriend's 182 has a TC fault, it has since we bought it a year ago. Light is always on.
We've changed a lot of things but still have the light and now the MOT is due. My eBay Bluetooth OBD2 reads no issues.

This is what we've done so far:
Replaced NSF wheel sensor (advised that was the problem when we bought the car) this made no difference.
Had a local back Street garage check for faults, they said the front TC/ABS rings looked fine and replaced the front brakes and then we had ABS judder issues so we took it back and so they disconnected the ABS so now that light is on too.
I replaced the squib. No change.
Replaced both rear ABS rings. No change.
Changed TDC / crank sensor. No change.
Looking up under the glovebox though there seems to have been some modification and I have no idea if this is to do with the TC. I've attached the pictures.

We would be very grateful if anyone can shine some light on these issues and especially tell us what seems to be bodged under the glovebox.

We've also emailed to book it in for a diagnosis with Clioturbo, however, I am concerned that it's the TC system that has been bypassed badly with those fuses.

Thanks in advance!

uploadfromtaptalk1454322545859.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1454322556119.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1454322573281.JPG

Mazda RX8
I'll check that out matey, when I get home during daylight this week. Anything in particular I should be looking for that I can test myself when I get to it?

Mazda RX8
I did a search and found that it is an mot fail as all dash lights should extinguish after start up. Either way we need to fix it. We don't wanna have to pay twice for the test if it is a fail.

Mazda RX8
No codes on reader at all.

The Internet reckons that since March 2015 any lights that don't go out that should after start up are a fail though?

dan's cast offs.
the internet reckons lot of things, i'd say 90% of it is crap!!

traction light is not an mot fail. had one go through early december, i even said it was on but told it wasn't a fail.