ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking & removing wheels question...

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hi!

I need 2 new rear tyres so I am going to get some fitted at the weekend. The garage said they can do a wheel alignment service for £25 for all 4 and I was planning to do this. I'm not sure how the tracking works but I was going to swap the rear 2 wheels with the front 2 as the front tyres still have a bit left on them (probs around 3mm) and put the fresh wheels on the front.

But by unbolting the wheels and swapping them around will this mess up the tracking or is it a separate thing?

:)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Put the rear tyres on the front before getting new tyres. Go get new tyres, they will replace the front ones. Check the tracking/alignment. Job jobbed

FF RB 182
Or why don't you just ask the tyre place to swap them around for you? Damn site easier when they've already got 2 of the wheels off.

FF RB 182
Possibly.. but last week I had 2 new tyres fitted and backs to front swapped around didn't charge me any extra, depends on the place that's doing it I guess.

WRX
I agree as a bit of customer service but they are running a business and it's asking them to do extra work. Perfectly acceptable for them to charge a nominal fee, if you look at it from their point of view. Could at least offer the guy a drink.