ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tracking no rear adjusters?

Hi all
Im at a tracking place for a 4 wheel adjustment. The geezer says he can only do the front as theres no rear adjusters ? Car is clio 182.. is this right

Yeah, its a fixed beam. You'll need shims to adjust the rear

Just had it tracked using hunter. He said it needed adjusting but now the steering wheel is on the piss to the left slightly.. i assume this isnt normal? Never had my csr tracked before

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just had it tracked using hunter. He said it needed adjusting but now the steering wheel is on the piss to the left slightly.. i assume this isnt normal? Never had my csr tracked before
Nope, take it back

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's a pain when the wheel isn't straight. If you can put the wheel where you feel is dead centre, and get them to lock the wheel. Do the tracking and bobs your auntie.

Hopefully (not the Bob part)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Didn't use a stay to keep the steering wheel in the correct position. The others are right its a solid beam.

PH2 172
tracking 1.jpg
Can not see the point of having dogs b****cks kit,if you have not trained the monkey in the basics.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah, hunter kit jolly good if used properly. Regardless of whether the rear is a bit on the wiff he should be able to compensate for it on the front to make the wheel dead straight.

Yeah, hunter kit jolly good if used properly. Regardless of whether the rear is a bit on the wiff he should be able to compensate for it on the front to make the wheel dead straight.

Had this on mine, tracking was done along with some new tyres last Tuesday was further out than it was when it went in!! was tracked up using the rear wheels (probably assuming the rear was straight as fixed beam)
Its back in today for it to totally be redone. Hopefully they get it right this time, felt like it constantly wanted to throw me into a ditch

PH2 172
Had this on mine, tracking was done along with some new tyres last Tuesday was further out than it was when it went in!! was tracked up using the rear wheels (probably assuming the rear was straight as fixed beam)
Its back in today for it to totally be redone. Hopefully they get it right this time, felt like it constantly wanted to throw me into a ditch

Where did you go?Eastbourne Tyres in Fort Road(off Seaside)looked after me very well before I left town in 1983,have all the latest kit,and is still run by the same man as then.

Where did you go?Eastbourne Tyres in Fort Road(off Seaside)looked after me very well before I left town in 1983,have all the latest kit,and is still run by the same man as then.

Was a guy I used to use in Hastings, I work over that way so was easier to leave it there during the day while at work. Kinda wish I hadn't now though.
I may pop down eastbourne tyres on Saturday as there only down the road from me anyway