ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tracking / geo setup

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
So I'm ordering me some new tyres in a minute and while I'm at it I want to get it tracked properly as the tyres at the moment are buggered on the inside fronts.
My question is, whats the difference between standard wheel alignment and a geo setup (if its not the same thing)
Also, the best/fairest place to have it done at (west midlands)
Cheers guys :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
A geo setup and wheel alignment are the same thing mate, but also different depending on where you go.
Wheel alignment is just tracking, so toe in/out is set.
Geo setup is when the tracking and camber is measured and adjusted accordingly.

Can't comment on where's best to go in the West Midlands I'm afraid. I'm in Lichfield and do all my own geo setup.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
On a clio etc a set of Dunlop/laser tracker gauges are fine unless you have camber bolts, but that can be with a camber gauge fitted to the wheel..

A hunter alignment is awesome tho..

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a quick browse on the net and chemix by me have a hunter setup.
Will give them a ring tomorrow. I don't have any added camber at the moment so do they add it accordingly?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers buddy, am I right in the process of doing both when fitting the new tyres?
Yeah it's always worth getting the tracking checked when your having new tyres fitted, but more so if they're worn unevenly.

Just had a quick browse on the net and chemix by me have a hunter setup.
Will give them a ring tomorrow. I don't have any added camber at the moment so do they add it accordingly?
Theu won't add camber unless you specify it and have camber bolts. Just get them to set the tracking mate.