ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday in the wet

Renault Laguna Coupe

All the trackdays I have ever done have been dry conditions. It cant last forever! Anyone done a trackday in the wet? What was it like?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I did one which started out dry then at the end of the day went all wet.

This was just before I changed my front tyres so they were really no help in the wet.

Was fun, but you really dont go very fast, and I wouldnt risk trying to pass someone anywhere near a corner but its loads of fun to see how fast you can go into a corner, etc, especially if there is loads off runoff.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

nope...If you want traction then get a set of semi-slicks...they tend to grip better than road tyres in the wet

I love trackdays in the wet . The Williams is really at home in crap conditions and unlike some other cars you hardly need to slow down at all .

Where in Wales Mike , is it Pembrey ? If so , its an awesome circuit for a hot hatch with fast flowing corners and lots of opportunities for sideways action . The sheep on the infield are a bit bizarre though . The hairpin is a great chance to practise scandinavian flicks .

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Mark@Ritchspeed on 06 May 2004

I love trackdays in the wet . The Williams is really at home in crap conditions and unlike some other cars you hardly need to slow down at all .

Where in Wales Mike , is it Pembrey ? If so , its an awesome circuit for a hot hatch with fast flowing corners and lots of opportunities for sideways action . The sheep on the infield are a bit bizarre though . The hairpin is a great chance to practise scandinavian flicks .
Is that the technical name, have always wondered what that is called!

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 06 May 2004

My next trackday is in Wales so bound to rain :cry:
Mike, you just wanna use your slicks ! LOL ! Dont worry ! If last summer in Wales was anything to go by you are going to need your bermuda shorts NOT your umbrella ! LOL !

;)

Mark, it is at Pembrey yeah. Mike and myself are doing the Motorsport Events trackday there on June 5th which is going to be a whole lot of fun. There is a thread on it in the Meetings forum.

172, Tiguan

Yes thats its name.

I did a sprint at Pembrey once, was a 2 day 2 event thing. On the first day it rained heavily and on the second it was flooding. Is a shame because it was a great track.

Mind the 2hr 15 minute drive back to Gatwick at 2am was fun :devilish:

Might have a look at that myself . Hopefully have all the suspension sorted by then and its only mailto:3@ 4hr">3/4hr down the road from me . Wont book it yet though , until I get back from hols and make sure I have got everything . Just waiting on the springs now .

Give me a good chance to shake the car down before my first rally on the 12th June .

Rain isnt a bad thing, often ups your concentration levels and makes it more vital to follow the racing line, youll soon learn when youre driving inefficiently. Theres no harm in learning how your car reacts at its limits in the rain.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by Mark@Ritchspeed on 06 May 2004

Might have a look at that myself . Hopefully have all the suspension sorted by then and its only mailto:3@ 4hr">3/4hr down the road from me . Wont book it yet though , until I get back from hols and make sure I have got everything . Just waiting on the springs now .

Give me a good chance to shake the car down before my first rally on the 12th June .
The more the merrier mate, get down there. £159 I think it is. Sessions in the morning and open pit lane in the afternoon.

Dry, rain, snow...done it all.

SLippy conditions are more fun really as most of the circuts int he UK (the big ones) are so boring in the dry with low powered cars.

Its fun lapping scoobs and the such in the wet. Most people get mroe scared, but with so much runoff everywhere and the low speeds, your very unlikely to slide off into a wall. Unless your at combe or Oulton lol.