ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trackday addicts, need help with wet tyres......

itb182, 621bhp scoob
hi everyone, after yesterdays trackday at snetterton and the arrival of heavy rain and snow for part of the day, ive come to the conclusion that r888's are not good for those conditions lmao so my question is what track focussed tyres are best recommended as im going to put a wet set on my standard 182 cup wheels so next time i can get round the track without sliding everywhere or the wheels spinning or aquaplanning, cheers

182cup & 172 racecar
This has been done to death on here. Have a little search.

R1R's,I use them on the race car for wets.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rainsport for a budget road legal option.
R1R or RSR for slightly dearer and better at coping with it drying out a bit.

Or if you want it for properly wet days, pukka race wets secondhand.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
road legal isnt a problem as its towed to track, where can i find second hand race wets ?

itb182, 621bhp scoob
ar thanks tony much appreciated, aaaaaahhhh choooooooo......im ready....now wheres my tissue ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My R1R's were good on a greasy wet (ish) track day, minus my small issue when they were cold and my bad driving causing me to end up facing the wrong way in a barrier!