ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Tyre Pressures

RS Clio 200
Hi, I’ve a standard Clio 200T. I have done several trackdays and generally rock up, don’t change the pressures from the standard ‘medium load’ specs and get out on track.

Should I be changing them for the track, would it make much difference? If it would any advice on what to change to would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, after a few laps your tyres will be at much too high a pressure which will give you less grip. Optimal hot track temperature varies so some experimentation will be needed. Depending on the tyre manufacturer they may be able to give you the recommended hot pressure, Michelin do for certain tyres in their range for example.

Someone will probably be along to suggest a good pressure for a Clio 200 on track, but failing that I’d start off by dropping 5 PSI or so, then check the temps after each session and adjust based on how the car feels.

RS Clio 200
Thank you, i appreciate the info and yes if someone has optimal pressures for a clio 200T that would be very much appreciated! Cheers.

RS Clio 200
So was at Bedford yesterday, ended up with fronts and rears at 31psi. Made a huge improvement to the grip levels. Anyone else used other temps on their 200T?