ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track set up, 15 & 16 Wheels?

Ive got a set of 15 wheels for track use and still have the standard 182 16 wheels for road use. Was wanting to find out if there would be any problem have the car set up for track on the 15 wheels but then using the 16 for road use? Would the different sizes cause any problems.

cheers

I had a set of 15"s for track, and the standard 16" wheels. No problem.

Now as the car is much more track orientated, my road wheels are 15"s too.

Cheers, mine isnt there yet, ideally would want both sets of wheels the same but if it isnt a drama ill just use the 2 sets i have n save up later!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My car has swapped from 15"s to 16" quite a bit, all been hunky dory.

2004 ph2 172
I run 15's for my winter rubber and 16's for summer, 195/50's on the 15's and 195/45's on the 16's. Nearly identical Rolling circumferences. No probs.... I prefer the handling of the 16's, but the rubber is significantly more expensive :(

Stripped yozza'd cup
You must be the only person I've ever heard say that they prefer the handling on 16's. I find mine massively better on 15's.

2004 ph2 172
^^ That may be because on the 15's I've only ever run serious snow-tires, and they feel so damned sloppy.... Now that I'm breaking my Mk1 16-valver, I have some original Renault Turbine 15's to play with as well as the 15's I have my winter rubber on.... I'll play with both in due course... gotta say that the price of 15" rubber DOES make it far more attractive... :eek: