ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Rod End

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
My off side front track rod end has a lot of play in it, which will explain the odd noise I'm hearing from down there.

Are these best replaced in pairs? Or can I jut replace that one?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I would really appreciate it if someone local wouldn't mind having a look for me.

I was told this by Jet tyres when I had my tracking done. So don't know if there will be more problems hiding etc before I spend money.

Anyone got 10 minutes this weekend to help me?

@Scrooge @AlexW @Phase1sr @Detail Chris @EveryoneElseInEssex

172 Cup
For what they cost you might as well replace them both.

Lemforder are the ones to get, £15ish each from ECP.

100% this. It'll save you going to the hassle of replacing the other side and getting the tracking done again 9 months (or whenever the other side starts showing signs of play) down the line.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would really appreciate it if someone local wouldn't mind having a look for me.

I was told this by Jet tyres when I had my tracking done. So don't know if there will be more problems hiding etc before I spend money.

Anyone got 10 minutes this weekend to help me?

@Scrooge @AlexW @Phase1sr @Detail Chris @EveryoneElseInEssex
Jack the car up securely.

Hold the wheel in 12 and 6 o clock position and wobble the wheel. And again in 9 & 3 o clock.
If you can hear/feel a light knocking It will either be track rod end or ball joint.

Better still, you look underneath and get the wife to wobble the wheel.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Sorry dude you know I would
Bought Lemforder ones from euro car parts, along with the track rod ends.

Single best things you can do to these old motors. Should tighten it all up nicely!

Yeah it's pretty real mate, real bills that's for sure! In Rayleigh?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Sorry dude you know I would

Single best things you can do to these old motors. Should tighten it all up nicely!

Yeah it's pretty real mate, real bills that's for sure! In Rayleigh?

Fingers crossed yeah. After my tracking was done I now have an ESP light and service light on.. Great!
Looking everywhere - Benfleet/Rayleigh/Leigh/Eastwood/Wickford so on!