ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Rod End NUT!!!

One Phat Clio
Right, heres the storey,

Lowered my car at the back yesterday, easy.

Lowering the front.....easy until the track rod end nut stripped itself.

Considering my cars 2002 plate I assume this nut wasnt immaculate in condition.

So, all i need to do is replace the nut. However, the thread size is COMPLETELY different, its too course. The thread is ultra fine in comparison to other nuts. Atm the car is sitting on axel stands. Ive tried just about every garage....no one can find this specific nut.

Any suggestions peeps? Niceone, Dean.:dapprove:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
uhhh why did you take the trackrod nut off?

they are are about £1 from renault, should be a stock item

VaVa
That^^^

I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you thread.... It's most likely metric fine. Get a thread gauge and measure the pitch?

One Phat Clio
So anoying Renault decide to have their "special" nut size. We took the Track Rod End of because it made it easier to maneuver and access the shocks/spring. Apprently they need replacing after a while anyways.

Having your car on axel stands isnt fun though :(

Lionel Richie
no bother! :rasp:

are the track rods ok? seeing as its semi apart anyway it might be an idea to swap them out now if they feel a bit loose, only about £15 a side and they come with new nuts too ;)

One Phat Clio
Yeah cheers Fred :) i replaced them yesterday the drivers side was sound. Going Renault dealership garage where i live to sort the tracking out. Had a go yesterday but we need the gauges. The apex Springs i fitted with my brother is exactly what i want. You see a post in the media section soon hopefully of photos :) maybe today corka of a day!